vb:literal>

Thread: Dead animals at cache sites..

Default Dead animals at cache sites..

Interstesting cache on the weekend.. We were at the cache named Deception and lo and behold practically sitting on the cache was a frozen solid dead full intact beaver. I thought...now this CANNOT be the cache container I hope. Looked like a mapachi hide I have done in the past but this one was starting to smell....Should be really good after more warm days. Ever find anything similiar on your hunts??
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

On the way out to an FTF on School House Rock in Vassalboro we found a dead rabbit in the middle of the trail. I looked like an animal had got to it not long before we did. It was a bit gross but it didn't stop us from getting the FTF. We moved it off the trail on our way out.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Badge of honor on the air line (Rt 9) and another one out on the SMR had dead moose by them.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

There have been several reports of really strange creatures in the Bangor area and along the Stud Mill Road. Turns out it was just Mike maintaining his caches.

I also came upon a mannequin arm in the woods near a cache site one time. I didn't realize it was a fake at first. I had my two boys with me and let me tell you it was not a good feeling. We had a laugh after I figured it out though. People throw away weird things in weird places.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

I'm not afraid of much, but this sure gave me the heebie jeebies:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.a...2-b5e9e54b0dfd
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I also came upon a mannequin arm in the woods near a cache site one time. I didn't realize it was a fake at first. I had my two boys with me and let me tell you it was not a good feeling. We had a laugh after I figured it out though. People throw away weird things in weird places.
    I used to ATV on a trail, and at one location there was a large ant hill, about 2 feet high right on the side of the trail. Something caught my eye on the way by so I backed up - there is a life-sized doll's head sitting on top of the ant pile. I imagine the rest of the body was buried in it but I wasn't about to check. eeeks!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    That is a good one.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

That was funny! We went caching off Rt. 137 in Winterport a few years back and came across a half eaten deer carcass right on the trail in. My guess was that the deer was hit by a car and the scavengers had gotten to it. This was in early April so it didn't smell to bad, but we had to bushwack a bit to get to the cache. A family vote determined that there would be no picture!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?