vb:literal>

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: paperless caching

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    I had that set up for my Nuvi and within 2 weeks threw it over my left shoulder. The suction cup constantly came off and the Nuvi would just hang there by the power cord! I mount the nuvi on the windshield very close to the dash so that if it does fall it does not have far to go!
    Thanks SRS for sharing your experience. I am not a fan of stuck on the dash stuff so already knew I probably would not use that part of what was sent. I will use the new bracket.

Perhaps we have opportunity for a new and important thread here. Obstructed view laws! It applies to stickers, tinting and even snow/ice. Depending on where you mount your GPS....you could be subject to an officer's judgment call.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Perhaps we have opportunity for a new and important thread here. Obstructed view laws! It applies to stickers, tinting and even snow/ice. Depending on where you mount your GPS....you could be subject to an officer's judgment call.
    And you are correct - the retired trooper often reminds me of this all the time.

Rick, if this is a spam post, let me know and I will take it down. I'm not comfortable soliciting business on the forums, but this bracket may be just the thing for these problems!

I sell brackets from a company called Panavise. They make a bracket for most cars designed to mount a cell phone on the dash using existing screw holes, avoid the glovebox and airbags, works quite well and won't block your view. I use them for sirius and XM recievers. I stock some, but there are hundreds (custom for each vehicle) that I can get in about 2 days time. They are usually $25.00.
    http://www.panavise.com/index.html?p...ECTIONSword=ww
    Click on the vehicle brand at the top of the page to find the model for your vehicle. You can buy accessories to clamp different sized GPSrs into these brackets.

I've always had good luck with Ram Mounts . . . have one mounted on the ATV. Other folks mount them on kayaks, motorcycles, bikes, sleds, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

As long as there is nothing between you and your GPS, your view is not obstructed is it?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Sheesh! I was reminded of another of the "10 Rules of Paperless Geocaching" today. Make sure you load your PDA before you depart...

Yeah I solved that one by getting a new friend to help me and others riding along. A laptot! It's bailed me out a ton of times and was glad I had it along. Well that is...if you use GSAK You just Never know what's going to happen out there.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Yeah I solved that one by getting a new friend to help me and others riding along. A laptot! It's bailed me out a ton of times and was glad I had it along. Well that is...if you use GSAK You just Never know what's going to happen out there.
    I hope that's a typo! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cachecrashers4 View Post
    I hope that's a typo! LOL
    Laptot is the new nickname for netbooks......tiny laptops.