vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Geo-x Extreme Geocaching

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    That IS GEO-X.

Doing nothing but 4 wheel caches ALL day would be GEO-X
    Maine ORCA and Extreme Geocaching go together.
    Ahhhh cool, So I'm GEO-X!! If we change it to GEX-O can we save $200 on our car insurance?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

How about the guard rail cache by the strip club? Does that qualify for GEO-XXX?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    How about the guard rail cache by the strip club? Does that qualify for GEO-XXX?
    Dammit! When you refer to a cache, please post a link! I'd like to do this one but I've never heard of it!

I agree with Bruce! who's up for a cache event!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thumbs up Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    We were camping in Radison, Quebec, about 700 miles north of here - literally at the end of the road. We wanted to get on the internet, but the internet cafe didn't open until 4:00 that afternoon. So we decided to drive 50-or-so miles to Chisasibi to visit the Cree Indian village. Looked around, went to the shore of James Bay, and returned to Radison. Got on the internet, looked up the cache we knew was somewhere in the area, and guess where it was: Chisasibi. (This was before our paperless caching days) So the next morning we drove the 50-or-so miles back to Chisasibi to log the cache. Total miles for 1 cache: over 200.
    Great story, oh those days before paperless. I am not sure if a single find can qualify for GEO-X. But then again I remember the 4th of July trip by the Rescue Rangers, to the Allagash. That was some 350 miles of dirt roads, and kayaking to an island in the middle of nowhere. For a single cache, that might not even be there. That might qualify for GEO-X, for a single cache.

I think your Chisasibi story IS GEO-X.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Thumbs down Sorry

Sorry that would NOT qualify for GEO-X.

But your story covering the DeLorme Challenge, is what got me thinking about this. Thanks for doing it. There will be others to follow.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

hollora and i did "planes, trains and automobiles" recently. i know that doesn't qualify for your thread, but to us, it was VERY extreme!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    hollora and i did "planes, trains and automobiles" recently. i know that doesn't qualify for your thread, but to us, it was VERY extreme!
    I did planes, trains... in the winter. Signed the log 10 minutes after sunset!!! Lots of bushwacking in the dark to get back to the car. Had a novice cacher with me, she didn't do many more after that.
    Cache is in the middle of nowhere, but had great swag when I was there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I agree with Bruce! who's up for a cache event!
    Let's do it!

Would spending the whole day caching with Hiram 357 qualify as extreme??? Maybe Steph spending her anniversary on a mountain withn him might qualify!!