vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta, Gotta, Gotta have a Garmin!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

We had it take us to two places that were incorrect, a Krispy Kreme in AL - it sent us into a residential neghborhood, at least it was a good neighborhood. And a Hotel in NC - Nuvi put us in some industrial area. Since the maps are common to all units, that will happen to any unit.
    I think this is just that the GPSr takes you to the closest point to the destination, but not necessarily the exact way you'd want to go in a car. We've had this happen many times when geocaching, where the GPSr gets you to with 50 feet of the destination, but it's across the fence or across the stream. It doesn't realize that you need to follow the road to the edge of the park or to the trailhead.

Don't know why it couldn't find the Krispy Kreme, though. Don't know why you'd want a Krispy Kreme, either! Sheesh! Terrible things - all fat and sugar. Delicious, too.

mmmmmmmm Fat and Sugar!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I think this is just that the GPSr takes you to the closest point to the destination, but not necessarily the exact way you'd want to go in a car. We've had this happen many times when geocaching, where the GPSr gets you to with 50 feet of the destination, but it's across the fence or across the stream. It doesn't realize that you need to follow the road to the edge of the park or to the trailhead.

Don't know why it couldn't find the Krispy Kreme, though. Don't know why you'd want a Krispy Kreme, either! Sheesh! Terrible things - all fat and sugar. Delicious, too.
    With Krispy Kreme, the data in the Garmin is incorrect, even the street address. It's quite obvious it is not nor was it ever an area Krispy Kreme would be at. The actual one it should have sent us to was about 4 miles away. So it seems this one was just entered entirely wrong.

The Hotel, we just chose another one when we couldn't find the one we were searching for. So I just looked it up on google maps. The address is correct on the Garmin, but the location is 10 miles off. So my guess with this one the coords are just off - way off. Or, the numbering of the streets had been changed.

And, in case you're wondering, we updated to the latest map set just before we left.

And also for the record, I'm not overly fond of Krispy Kreme, but someone else in our party is. I prefer a good old fashioned donut cooked the old way.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    And also for the record, I'm not overly fond of Krispy Kreme, but someone else in our party is. I prefer a good old fashioned donut cooked the old way.
    I agree! The next time you're in this area, stop at Thompson's Restaurant in Bingham and try one of their donuts. If they're fresh, they're the best in the world!

Here's another example of where someone must have been using a Magellan.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Could also been using a Hiram-Hiram, you know it's a cheaper version of a Tom-Tom. LOL
    and it's more entertaining too!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    and it's more entertaining too!
    . . . but where do you stick the batteries into the Hiram Hiram?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    More importantly, who gets stuck with changing them?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default eeww

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    More importantly, who gets stuck with changing them?
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I bet it doesn't use batteries. Some kind of solar, coffee, soda, molasses donut kind of power supply.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.