vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual JD Foundation Yard Sale

8A to 4P daily See you there!

Hmmm . . . thinking of maybe coming up . . . it will mean leaving Camp Jakeawana for a night or two . . . but I can always open it up on Sunday into Monday for any campers who might happen to have a cachingname that rhymes with "Buy Rum".

Besides, I haven't kayaked for a very long time . . . and I do like birds as "Buy Rum" can attest since I was able to convince him to help me move the bird feeder on one of his stays at Camp Jakeawana.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We are thinking of coming up Friday. Kayaking would be fun. Company coming Saturday. Busy summer!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Took my mother on a drive today and went to this event....what fun. I saw Maine Cacher, Hollera, and others but please forgive me because I am not sure just who I got to meet....(iam bad remembering names) But got some good bargins and raffle chances too. Thanks for bringing this to my attention ...We had a super day with this as our highlight!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Thumbs up JD Foundation

We decided to go last minute. Thanks to being early risers we arrived at 8:30 am. Holy crap!! This is not your 5 minute walk through sale. We were there nearly an hour and not sure we saw it all. I, personally walked through three times. Bought Wife a bunch of puzzles, and I got hit up by some very persuasive raffle ticket sales girls and stand a fair chance at some nice looking quilts and baskets. Also, never have won a 50/50 raffle but got into that as well. Bought an awsome large book of kennebec Journal papers dated 1929 ( I'm a sucker for that stuff) sure to be hours of great reading. Sorry we didn't meet any fellow cachers, but we are too anti-social to attend any events yet so we don't know many faces, I guess we will have to do something about that. Also, thanks to the young gentleman that we paid for the puzzles (that said he was from Portland) mentioned a big sale in Bingham. Anyway, Thanks for a great time.
    Last edited by farmer and wife and "G"; 05-28-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: left out a few words

Thumbs up Just got home...

I was up there helping out since Friday afternoon. Sales seemed to be good. Hopefully after it's all tallied up the Foundation made lots of money to spread the word about suicide, and help save some lives.
    Happy Trails!

Wow - farmer and wife and "G" - I didn't realize you folks were cachers - but I believe I sold you that "large book". Sure do remember the twinkle of happiness in your eye when you saw it. Your write up in this thread is very correct - the yard was more than filled with many treasures.

We were sitting around the camp fire last night trying to tally up all the cachers who came to support this event in one way or another. There was a long list and a few we missed I am sure.

From donations, to customers, and then workers - I know The JD Foundation, founded by our own Vicbiker and Chercacher, really appreciates the support. I would suspect we can already pencil in - same holiday weekend, same location, same endeavor. They already have started receiving donations for next year - they started coming in today!

Sorry hollora for not making ourselves better known but we did not realize how many cachers were helping out. Thought if we mentioned caching few would know what we were talking about. Guess we need to come out of our shells and meet more people. Not far into the book but it is great. Hope the sale did really well and we are sure to be there next year.

I was there shopping first thing on Friday morning. Scored some stuff for our new kitties - scratching posts, toys, dishes etc. Yippee! Also got a few other things, toys etc. I was there for an hour and a half and went around about 3 times LOL!

I did meet Hollora and Chercacher, and JustPJ66 though I'm not sure I made my name known. Was planning to meet brdad and Mainiac1957 - but I'm a bit on the shy side so I didn't introduce myself - and I actually didn't know who was who anyway.

farmer and wife an "G" - it's too bad I didn't meet up with you too!

We got caught up in all the excitement of the goodies there and missed about everyone else as well. It sure was busy, and great prices, and a great cause.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."