vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo editing software

That is correct. No uploading. Picnik is included if you want to edit photos online.

Default Now you've done it....

I've been using Irfanview for years and now you guys have me wondering if I'll like Picasa enough to use it. I see a download in my future.

Google Picassa is a photo organizing software, not photo viewer or photo editor even if you can do that too of course.
    If you just want to browse a folder of pictures you made or edit something on one picture Google Picassa is not for you.
    Picnic included in Picassa is an online editor, it's running in web browser container within Picassa.

I'm using XnView for viewing pictures, it can also batch process pictures (convert, resize, brightness...) and Gimp for editing. Both are free.

If you are looking for something better. I can recommend ACDSee (older version 5 or 3) and Photoshop CS5
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Google Picassa is a photo organizing software, not photo viewer or photo editor even if you can do that too of course.
    If you just want to browse a folder of pictures you made or edit something on one picture Google Picassa is not for you.
    Picnic included in Picassa is an online editor, it's running in web browser container within Picassa.

I'm using XnView for viewing pictures, it can also batch process pictures (convert, resize, brightness...) and Gimp for editing. Both are free.

If you are looking for something better. I can recommend ACDSee (older version 5 or 3) and Photoshop CS5
    Thanks for the feedback Cano. I have ACDSEE 10 and Photoshop CS and use those both. As I said this is not for me it is for a friend that is not very computer literate. What I was looking for was something that was so easy a monkey could use (figure of speech) .
    Blazing Troll

I am not following you. In Picasa I can do basic touch up, cropping, red eye removal, light and color tuning and an assortment of effects like B&W, sephia and tinting and all is very simple and not online. It is on my computer.

Thanks Fin and everyone else. Looks like I will recommend Picasa.
    Blazing Troll

Or you can use one of these online editors, don't need to install anything

http://www.littleabout.com/Techno/to...editors/98657/
    Moo