vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GC8950-B52 Crash Stash

Default Metal or plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    The cache was a one gallon white plastic container. I looked at the pictures I took. Sorry I didn't have a spoiler to help locate it.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

The cache is aways from the actual crash site. It is under a small tree, if there is snow,then it is likely buried.

It is really obvious once you know where to look, but without being there it would be impossible to describe the location. I remember in general terms where it is (as it relates to the parking area and road).

I think the snow really made the rescue impossible. I went right to the spot that it was when I found it years ago....but it could have been moved.

Now, with this latest development, I'm trying to remember the exact make/model/color of the other vehicles there in the area. Unfortunately, Officer Cameo was not on duty that day, or she would have written the plates down. It's kinda spooky to think we could have nailed those guys...

IMHO...there is no way that these guys are taking stuff for scrap....in a 5 gallon bucket? No way...they are taking these artifacts and auctioning them off for BIG money. Please keep your eyes open online and report anything you see in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I think the snow really made the rescue impossible. I went right to the spot that it was when I found it years ago....but it could have been moved.

Now, with this latest development, I'm trying to remember the exact make/model/color of the other vehicles there in the area. Unfortunately, Officer Cameo was not on duty that day, or she would have written the plates down. It's kinda spooky to think we could have nailed those guys...

IMHO...there is no way that these guys are taking stuff for scrap....in a 5 gallon bucket? No way...they are taking these artifacts and auctioning them off for BIG money. Please keep your eyes open online and report anything you see in this regard.
    Agreed - and as, the Officer and I know - there are many things you see on the trail - stay alert!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Agreed - and as, the Officer and I know - there are many things you see on the trail - stay alert!
    Hmmm . . . there are some things on a certain archived cache in the Ellsworth area I wish I hadn't seen.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Question

The B-52 crash site is a favorite destination for snowmobilers. While I mostly ski now I would take my 2 sleds and Dianne for a "crash-cache" if it's winter friendly. Will it be findable with 3 or 4 feet of snow on the ground?

Cameoooo couldn't find it with just a few inches of snow so who knows.... I think either she was looking in the wrong place or it has been muggled.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.