vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Green Outdoors!

Default What!!! Impeach this guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    We have enough now.
    Not an enlightened view by a Geocaching Maine board member!!

What are our rules on impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post
    Sheesh! I agree. We have "52 cards-in-the-deck", The Presidents, 101 Dalmations, The States of the Union, The Seven Dwarfs, The Brady Bunch, The Wild Bunch, The Fish of the Kennebec, The 16 Counties in Maine, Robin Hood's Merry Men and many more, but we've barely started!

There's still the Planets of the Solar System, Periodic Table of the Elements, The Letters of the Alphabet, The Books of the Bible, Santa's Reindeer, and many, many more opportunities to places caches. RULost2? and I only went caching for a couple of hours yesterday, but I know we passed 5-6 guardrails without caches.

Get out there and place caches! And the sooner the better, as many facilities (Including WalMart) are eliminating film processing (thus no film cans!)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

Get out there and place caches! And the sooner the better, as many facilities (Including WalMart) are eliminating film processing (thus no film cans!)

We can still use SD cards as a cache containers instead of a film can. Just SD card, nothing more. You find SD card, put it in your camera, make a picture of yourself and put it back
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    We can still use SD cards as a cache containers instead of a film can. Just SD card, nothing more. You find SD card, put it in your camera, make a picture of yourself and put it back
    You know, that's actually a pretty god idea! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    You know, that's actually a pretty god idea! LOL!
    I don't want to see any microSD cards in woods though
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by lexmano View Post

What are our rules on impeachment?
    I think I remember making the same statement Ekidokai made, but it was back in 2003! Do I still feel that way? Well ..... actually, let me see what the rules for impeachment are first....

I will say as a board member, I think it's more important for me to invite anyone who is a cacher to join the site than it is to invite a non-cacher to caching!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default The more the merrier!

I've cached now for a little over 2 years, done almost 2800 caches and can count on my 10 fingers the number of times I encountered fellow cachers caching. Like all sports/games, folks come and go and others become more involved (addicted) then others. There's plenty of room out there for more caches and more cachers!

My sense is that Bill Green's shows reach a lot of people and we can expect a lot of interest after the show airs. This is a great site to introduce the new cachers. I think the newbies ought to have a "newbie tutorial" to get them started, kind of "do's and don't's". For example, while I love seeing new caches in the area I would suggest that noobs don't place any caches until they've logged at least 100 caches. The active members here could add suggestions as to preferred types of caches. Permission could be clearly explained so bad placements could be avoided.

I think the game is truly gaining steam and we can expect a huge influx of new cachers. Like it or not, we owe to ourselves, and the newbies, to get them pointed in the right direction right from the start. I pledge to do whatever I can to help in this regard.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I think the newbies ought to have a "newbie tutorial" to get them started, kind of "do's and don't's". For example, while I love seeing new caches in the area I would suggest that noobs don't place any caches until they've logged at least 100 caches. .
    Sheesh! Another great idea! And I'd also like to see a similar restriction on picking up TB's and geocoins. It's VERY annoying to see what is obviously a "noob" pick up a coin/TB, then lose interest in geocaching before they've dropped the coin/TB in another cache. I've got 2-3 goings/TB's that seem to be in that situation.

That's fantastic! I look forward to tuning in.

Were we not all newbies at one time ?
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright