vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Owner Maintenance or Archived

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    I may sound like an ogre but if it has not been found several times and has not been maintained I think you should log a "Should be archived" on GC.com. The reviewer will contact the owner and if there is no reply it will get archived. Then you can place a new cache there, with owner permission, of course.
    I agree 100%. If a cache owner can't take care of a cache in a reasonable amount of time then it should be archived to give someone else the opportunity to put one there themselves. Something else that falls into this category is Travel bug, and Geocoin owners that dont answer emails about their TBs, or about TB's/geocoins that they have in their possession. I have sent emails, and left Log notes about several "missing" TBs in this area and I never get a response, and the TBs never get logged as missing, or no longer in the cache. I also don't always get emails back from people that have MY TB's or Geocoins when I email them. > If you can't keep up with the maintenance of a cache, T.B, or Geocoin then dont put them out, or don't take them out of a cache!

Where the hell is that thing?

By the way. Have you looked at the stats for these two cachers??

Not truly into it in my book.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Thanks everyone. I am thinking about placing a cache while I am out there. This will be my fifth trip to the island. I am a bit of an artist wanna be and travel here just for the inspiration.

I am in town for 2 days and I have to meet with some town officials for a work related thing. I think I may be able to get land owner permission with their help.

Great idea and good luck with your adventure!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Lightbulb Neither--Just replace 1.5 miles away!

I don't know if Hiram wants this public just yet, so I'm vague here, but we had a cache DNF'd and the cacher "rehid it" 1.5 miles away! And the cacher isn't even from the state!

Anyway, speaking as a new cache hider, I really appreciate all the help other cachers offer in maintaining my caches (Firefighterjake and Nially!!) and cachers who keep me updated on their attempts (Dubord!). Contact with the cache hider is really important; it's curtousy, even if they don't respond. I do think if the cache hider posts the cache is missing, then the very least they can do is archive it with a note on when they expect to replace it or with a request for another cacher to replace it. I say, if the cache hider is unresponsive, and if you don't find it, then make sure to post a "needs archived" on the cache page.

Great thoughts everyone!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Question What!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I don't know if Hiram wants this public just yet, so I'm vague here, but we had a cache DNF'd and the cacher "rehid it" 1.5 miles away! And the cacher isn't even from the state!
    You have got to be joking.
    Happy Trails!

Anyway, speaking as a new cache hider, I really appreciate all the help other cachers offer in maintaining my caches (Firefighterjake and Nially!!) and cachers who keep me updated on their attempts (Dubord!). Contact with the cache hider is really important; it's curtousy, even if they don't respond. I do think if the cache hider posts the cache is missing, then the very least they can do is archive it with a note on when they expect to replace it or with a request for another cacher to replace it. I say, if the cache hider is unresponsive, and if you don't find it, then make sure to post a "needs archived" on the cache page.

Great thoughts everyone!
    I think that may be 0.15m (I can never get my decimels in the right place LOL) but regardless - About how the lack of finding the cache and just placing out another would meet the challenge ~ I bet the Cache Owner for the challenge will take care of it!

d’76 Guest

I don't know if Hiram wants this public just yet, so I'm vague here, but we had a cache DNF'd and the cacher "rehid it" 1.5 miles away!

Funny

That spruced up playing scrabble on the deck

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    You have got to be joking.
    nope, they DNFd ours and rehid another to get the delorme map...

and I highly doubt that ours is missing since upsalquitch found it last week, and it's not in a very "high muggle" area...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

And hopefully, the owners of the DeLorme Challenge will disallow their placement for a "find" on that map by just doing that placement. That is a possiblity and I have faith in our Maine group. Agreed - highly unlikely it is "missing".

Heck - if that was all one had to do to finish the challenge - this whole challenge would have probably been finished a lot sooner by a lot of other cachers. To bad someone wasn't going up soon to find that map and be able to find/log your cache - that would "blow" their DNF log out of the water.
    Last edited by hollora; 07-16-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Forgot a piece of my message.