vb:literal>

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Get to know your nominees

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    I realize that I am suggesting we become the Maine Geocaching Association instead of just an online forum.
    Actually, there already is an organization called the "Maine Geocaching Association".

And here's an interesting thread about the establishment of GCM.org and our name - to give you some perspective on the thought processes that were involved. Please read this to understand where we came from as a first step to discussing where we are going.

Default A good discussion

I have seen nothing, in my opinion, confrontational about this discussion, and some really good questions have been asked in the thread. I hope I am speaking for the majority here, as we would like the site to continue to grow. I think that change is hard for some and easy for others, while change is inevitable, how much will be the question.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Ok, I have to step in and say something here. I was hoping not to. Everyone keeps saying this is Rick's site. For those of you that do not know who Rick is, that is me.

Yes this site is owned by me. I do not consider it my site. I created this site many years ago to help the Geocaching Maine community unite. I have never and will never run this site as a dictator.

I remember when the board was created. I was the one that pushed to have it created. I did this for two reasons.
    1. To have feedback and help from a group of people that I could ask for opinions from without have to deal with the long drawn out discussions in the forums. Sometimes it takes a long time to get something resolved in a forum discussion.
    2. In hopes that some day the Geocaching Maine web site and group would become an Association. I knew that with its growth that someday this would be needed.

My main point here is, this is not Rick's site. This is your site.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    That's why we like you, Rick. LOL!

I checked out the "Maine Geocaching Association" site and it appears to be just links to shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    I checked out the "Maine Geocaching Association" site and it appears to be just links to shopping.
    it's parked domain displaying ads to earn some revenue. it has nothing to do with geocaching or Maine.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    it's parked domain displaying ads to earn some revenue. it has nothing to do with geocaching or Maine.
    It may well be less than it was at one time.

I know very little about it - other than the fact that it exists. I believe it was a fairly active organization at one time.
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    It may well be less than it was at one time - here's a link to a discussion in these forums.
    This is one of the countless links you have posted that most people cannot access, so I'm just wondering who actually has access to it? A list of people would be nice. Shouldn't be a problem, right?
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 02-07-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    This is one of the countless links you have posted that most people cannot access
    Sorry - I may have posted a non-accessible link a couple of times (I recently posted a link for the benefit of 1 member only - stating that it was restricted. I probably could sent it in a PM, but thought it was relevant to the discussion.

I certainly have not posted "countless links" that are not accessible (two, perhaps?), and my only point in posting what I think are relevant links is to try and clarify - or correct erroneous information - posted by others.

And certain threads were restricted to the people actually involved in the discussion.

I've removed the link.

Default All the more reason...

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    All the more reason to have a board, IMHO.