vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellet fuel

Default Pellet fuel

Anyone out there using a pellet stove? We have had one for the past 3 winters and it has been great. We have bought our supply of pellets from a different source each year. The first was Home Depot, the second was Walmart, and this last was PelletSales.com. I've searched around and the best deal thus far in the summer is Home Depot. We bought them at $249 a ton with a one time fee of $59 for delivery. In the past they didn't offer delivery. PelletSales.come had the best deal last year but theirs is a bit more expensive and they are charging $43.25 a ton for delivery. Just some info to share, Home Depot is the way to go. I paid in full and the delivery is 3-4 weeks out but I think soon they will be hard to get, especially when all those stoves come in from order. Buy now...
    Slowly but surely

Default You are correct....

Buy now! Most of the Maine stores have pre-sold the pellets. I have a few stores that have over 30-50 truckloads of pellets already sold. And each truck holds 14 pallets. Each pallet is a ton. One of the stores, has already sold 2000 tons.

And I heard yesterday there will be a price increase soon. Supply and demand.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I suspect that the price of pellets will almost double next year. Supply and demand. I remember when pellets were a lot less then they are now two years ago.
    Blazing Troll

Pedalchick and I ordered two stoves this last week. I went to Home Depot yesterday, just missed the cheaper price, it went from $225 to $249/ton in the middle of last week. I got 9 tons and paid the $59 for delivery. With my 10% military discount and using the HD 6 months same as cash credit card, we got a pretty good price and won't have to pay for it until just after Christmas. The pellets will be in n 1 to 1 1/2 weeks, the stove will be in in 8 weeks. If you want pellets this winter, get them NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Pedalchick and I ordered two stoves this last week. I went to Home Depot yesterday, just missed the cheaper price, it went from $225 to $249/ton in the middle of last week. I got 9 tons and paid the $59 for delivery. With my 10% military discount and using the HD 6 months same as cash credit card, we got a pretty good price and won't have to pay for it until just after Christmas. The pellets will be in n 1 to 1 1/2 weeks, the stove will be in in 8 weeks. If you want pellets this winter, get them NOW!
    Wow. I sticking with the wood stove.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I got 9 tons...
    Sheesh! NINE tons? And how long do you expect them to last? LOL!

I burn wood - from my own land - and it only costs me $45 a cord (tree length) to have it cut and delivered to my wood yard, 75 feet from the house.
    I burn about 8 cords per year (not counting 1/2 a cord or so of scraps that we burn in our wood burning range in the kitchen.)

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I suspect that the price of pellets will almost double next year. Supply and demand. I remember when pellets were a lot less then they are now two years ago.
    We had a wood stove but we were cutting our own wood. When it got to the year that we were going to need to buy wood we went with the pellet stove. That was 2005. The stove we bought then was $1400 and the pellets were $199 a ton, all from Home Depot. The stove actually needed a new motor and the company just sent it to me for free even though it wasn't under warranty. Love the Englander stove now.
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! NINE tons? And how long do you expect them to last? LOL!

I burn wood - from my own land - and it only costs me $45 a cord (tree length) to have it cut and delivered to my wood yard, 75 feet from the house.)
    We couldn't get even log lenghth for that price in Southern Maine back 3 years ago. We bought 5 ton last year and still have one left. I bought the same amount again because I am not getting as much oil and plan to turn the furnace off this winter. I guess, from what we have been told, 1 ton of pellet fuel is equivelant to 1 1/2 cords of wood.
    Slowly but surely

Yeah, we burned two coords of wood last year to heat our house. We are going to get and extra coord for this coming winter.
    Blazing Troll

I just got a 9 cord load of 12 foot length firewood logs for $600.00. It's a bit of work getting it cut and split and piled, but I like doing that and besides I need the exercise.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!