vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheesh! No Shame!

Default Sheesh! No Shame!

Here's the story:

RULost2? and I are on our way home from a long vacation. The leg today was between Memphis and Knoxville, TN. We have used "caches along a route" extensively, usually just stopping at rest area caches or easy on/off the Interstate locations.

So today I needed to stop for gas, and we noticed a nearby cache at the location. The location was obvious, so RULost2 went to grab it while I filled the gas tank. When she came back, I looked up the cache on Cachemate and logged the find. Then I noticed who the cache owner was!

Most GMC.org members know of my disdain for "geocaching dogs" - dogs who are registered on GC.com, who place caches for their owners to find, and who find their owners caches. Yup - easy guess. The cache owner was my "favorite dog-cacher".

And I have no shame. I logged the cache. LOL!

Well, that will satisfy the "If you have never done one don't put it down" crowd. Of course now you have to answer to the "If you do them, you have no reason to put them down" crowd!

While I think the idea of a dog hiding a cache is utterly ridiculous, a cache is cache, you found it - no shame there. Now if you start exclusively seeking out these K-9 hidden caches, I may have to change my mind!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

hey dingo the wonder geodog never hides caches....he might leave a little something behind at a cache that we dont see to pick up but there are no caches in them ...that i know of. hehe
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    hey dingo the wonder geodog never hides caches....he might leave a little something behind at a cache that we dont see to pick up but there are no caches in them ...that i know of. hehe
    If your cat ever starts placing caches, I wanna be FTF! I'm definitely a cat person. We've called home twice in the last 10 days just to check on the "Wus". LOL! (NO! We didn't talk to the cat - we talked to the person who is caring for the cat! LOL!)

ha ha,good story there Bruce and I remember the 1st time you logged that cache near that retirement home that those particular cachers placed while on vacation in Maine and I think they owned that same dog then...LOL Been a while eh????
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Kitty Kache

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    If your cat ever starts placing caches, I wanna be FTF! I'm definitely a cat person. We've called home twice in the last 10 days just to check on the "Wus". LOL! (NO! We didn't talk to the cat - we talked to the person who is caring for the cat! LOL!)
    She's got one ready to go out. Just gotta find a location for a bigger than most ammo boxes cache. It's Kitty themed. I bet, if you were to locate some elderberries for her she'd give you advance notice of a couple minutes upon her placement of said cache.

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    She's got one ready to go out. Just gotta find a location for a bigger than most ammo boxes cache. It's Kitty themed. I bet, if you were to locate some elderberries for her she'd give you advance notice of a couple minutes upon her placement of said cache.

Yes it is kitty themed but our cats (we have 3) are not placing it.....actually I am working with Wus to place it so you can be FTF LOL
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Cats and dogs should not be placing caches. They are not even really considered people.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Cats and dogs should not be placing caches. They are not even really considered people.
    You haven't met Theodore Roosevelt. . . . if you had you would probably wonder if he wasn't a person . . . or if he is just one mixed up cat who thinks he is a person.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

maybe we are REALLY cats who think we are people.....Kev does get alot of whiskers when he dont shave....