vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Caches in Bangor areas

Default Coe Park

Had to post a pic on my log for Coe Park as its an example of how some of the nasty Bangor parks are used. Someone was going through one of the trash cans looking for treasures of a different kind. I understand that this is a lively hood for these folks because they have to be able to afford their Boones Farm and Lucky Strikes but the guy was taking the trash out of the can and throwing it on the ground to get it out of the way and didn't put it back once he had found all the bottles and cans he could see. When you think about it, I guess when the whole world is your home you can make whatever mess of it you want and just move on to another location the next day.

At least there are still some nice parks like on Broadway that you can take your kids to and not have to answer to "Daddy, why are those men peeing down the slide?"
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I'm amazed. We don't really go in that direction very often but we eat downtown all the time and I never would have guessed what was just a couple blocks away! Before moving to Maine we lived in Orlando and it was pretty obvious where the red light district began. You could spot the corners to avoid because of drugs or other sketchy activities from a mile away. Either I've become much less observant or the people in Orlando are way more obvious. It's unfortunate that these should have to be concerns

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    The only problem is in days past that would have simply scared them off, however these days it might get you beat, stabbed, or even shot. Hell you might even get a hypodermic needle in the leg or foot. I just don't feel safe in these areas anymore. Bangor was not like this years ago. Times are changing and not for the better. Anywhere else around the Greater Bangor area and I wouldn't have any issue, but this particular area of Bangor is pretty much the worst you could find. The activities are probably mostly contained to the night, but that will change too. There is a Methodist Church on Union St just up from the Greyhound Station, this is very near the same area we are discussing, and while driving by there in the middle of the day I saw two people on the steps of this church pretty close to pants on the ground if you know what I mean. In the middle of the day on church steps.......? This is the element that is hanging around that area.

Another reason why I like the Stud Mill Road...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Had to post a pic on my log for Coe Park as its an example of how some of the nasty Bangor parks are used. Someone was going through one of the trash cans looking for treasures of a different kind. I understand that this is a lively hood for these folks because they have to be able to afford their Boones Farm and Lucky Strikes but the guy was taking the trash out of the can and throwing it on the ground to get it out of the way and didn't put it back once he had found all the bottles and cans he could see. When you think about it, I guess when the whole world is your home you can make whatever mess of it you want and just move on to another location the next day.

At least there are still some nice parks like on Broadway that you can take your kids to and not have to answer to "Daddy, why are those men peeing down the slide?"
    Is there any heat map of Bangor that will display number of police calls to certain areas?
    Moo

Lightbulb Just go early

I made my finds on these new park caches between 6-7 am. Not many stirring at that time of morning other than an occasional dog walker.
    Happy Trails!

I'll get the rest tonight. I didn't see anything too dangerous out there. We will see what I run into tonight. listen to your scanners and have bail money ready.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Scanner is talking about fire tonight - don't set any!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I made my finds on these new park caches between 6-7 am. Not many stirring at that time of morning other than an occasional dog walker.
    I've found the early day-light hours works well . . . most of the bad guys are asleep . . . and the bums have moved on to their daylight haunts.

So far I've been to all of the park caches between 6:30 and 8 a.m. and have encountered no one . . . other than a person walking their dog.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Scanner is talking about fire tonight - don't set any!
    Too late . . . I was cold last night so got a nice one going before bed . . . of course it was in the Jotul.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Hey listen, after a hard day of drinking, collecting bottles and scamming money from the government, you have to sleep in until 10 or so. Sorry, Cynical cop humor.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?