vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Cache - Parts Pieces - Whole Thing Gone

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I think the booze took ahold a little early tonight. I quote firefighterjake "everyone relax and take a deep breath....." To start a different note: Opalsns, who designed the coin that you show as an avatar, and what happened to the one with the crow holding the TB? I love the designs.
    Cachin' Crow is a painting I did last year after my brother introduced me to Caching. We designed the Cachin' Crow Geocoin from that painting.
    Our feather and retro moon design is on the back side of the coin. Thank for your interest!!!!

We are sorry to hear that your cache was muggled. We lost one twice...as the first time the ammo can fell apart and they just left it there but the swag was missing. We rehid the ammo can in a much better spot or so we thought and it wet missing again.. this time the ammo can also disappeared. We didn't replace it afer that[]
    We are almost positive that it was some local kids.
    Hopefully yours was an isolated case and not a local trend.

For Everyones Safety

Put the mouse down….
    step away from the computer........
    and no one will get hurt............

(ok so this might have been funnier if it had come from one of the cops on our forum but you get the jist)

I think its time we start implementing the new “Lock the Thread Tool” on the forum. Every cacher who starts a thread will be responsible for making sure it does not get out of hand.

And it might not be a bad idea to add another new tool to the forum as well…a “Warning Meter” to each and every profile. Only the moderators of this forum would be able to attach a strike to your profile if they felt it was warranted. 3 Strikes and you are banned from the forum for a week (or whatever)….rules to be made up ahead of time and then posted)

If everyone could keep in mind that it is ONLY A GAME.
    There are so many other important things in life to get upset over.

Maybe people ought to read the posting guidelines again….

The following will not be tolerated:

Criticism
    Deliberate criticizing of cachers, caches, cache types, other organizations, other individuals.
    Foul Language
    Most obvious foul words are blocked by the software. Insinuating foul language is the same as saying it.
    Obscenity
    Written, verbal, or visual works or conduct that treat sex in an objectionable or lewd manner. What may not be obscene to one person, may be to another, therefore it will be considered offensive if outside the accepted standards of decency.
    Personal Attacks
    Finger pointing that has the potential to lead to upsetting or provoking another individual.
    Personal Issues
    Publicly airing personal issues between individuals
    Flaming
    Sending or posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting or for long, intensive and heated discussions, even though insults do not occur.
    Sock Puppets
    An account made by a person who already has a known account solely for the purpose of posting anonymously.
    Commercial Postings/Solicitations
    Advertisements for products that benefit you financially in any way without the permission of Geocaching Maine; messages that offer or discuss pirated software/media/links to other such sites that offer it or discuss p2p sites/methods.
    Posting of Copyrighted Material
    Items or articles including text, images, graphics or other artwork unless owned by you.
    Sensitive Topics
    Topics that are vulgar, sexually harassing, racially offensive or in any way discriminatory. Avoid additional sensitive topics such as ethnic slurs, hate speech, religion, politics, professions.
    Drug References
    Discussions related to the distribution, growing, cutting, manufacture of drugs.
    Inapprorpriate User Names
    Use of names that are offensive or vulgar.
    Impersonating
    Imitates or copying the behavior or actions of another person or Maine Geocaching.
    Last edited by Foxgloves; 09-18-2008 at 06:11 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Is the larger population area part of the blame? I was just in Boston last weekend (to watch the Sox lose 8-1 ) I looked for 3 different caches and none of the were still there. It looks like there are not a lot of caches to be had. (North Boston has maybe 10, North Augusta has about 60) I've never tried urban caching before and I wonder if it's too hard to maintain.
    I was rather surprised to find so few caches in Boston when I went there on a Conference . . . I figured with a greater population there would be a greater amount of caches . . . but that just wasn't the case.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    Two peanuts were walking down the street and one was "a salted"
    Oh, that one was just plain bad.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    two penuts were walking down the street and one stole breakfast...
    This doesn't even make sense . . . next thing you know you'll be doing that whale joke again.

Hollora . . . please don't give up on the historical building cache. I loved it. Neat idea. Neat place to see. I would love to see the cache return . . . and I refuse to think it would be a malicious cacher (call me naive, but I honestly believe most cachers are pretty good and conscientious).

And now some good news and positive chi . . . or whatever it's called . . .

Last night I was attending a local meeting on heating safety/solutions and after the meeting was done a woman approached me to ask me if I was a geocacher . . . turns out that her 11-year-old son has started geocaching and since he did a few of my caches he looked up my profile . . . short story long, she figured out that the Firefighterjake in the profile who works at BFD was probably the same guy wearing the BFD t-shirt at the meeting.

Well, here's the good news. Turns out the kid was out caching with a friend and they found a cache. The cacher did the trade-for-trade deal, but his friend simply took a bunch of swag and only dropped in a few rocks that he found nearby . . . poor kid was appalled with his friend's actions and the mom said he wanted me to know that it wasn't him and that he was pretty upset with his friend. I gave her my e-mail, this site's web address (she said he had a few questions) and then assured her that it was OK since there are adults that do the very same thing . . . and added that I thought it was pretty commendable that he wanted to do the right thing.

I had my Fake Trees Need Water Too cache stolen recently as well after only 4 days out there but I think that was due to it being an urban cache in a high traffic area. It was a fake sprinkler head in a garden so it wouldn't have been something a muggle would have even noticed. It stinks regardless of where the cache is to have it up and disappear and even more frustrating to have a coin or TB disappear.

I think its time for me to unretire my SWEET TRAIL JUSTICE stick. What do you think Jake?

Where the hell is that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    I had my Fake Trees Need Water Too cache stolen recently as well after only 4 days out there but I think that was due to it being an urban cache in a high traffic area. It was a fake sprinkler head in a garden so it wouldn't have been something a muggle would have even noticed. It stinks regardless of where the cache is to have it up and disappear and even more frustrating to have a coin or TB disappear.
    Interesting . . . that was an unique cache too.