vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great new challenge cache

I counted about thirty without going through them all that fall into the same category as this one. It is wrong to have archived this cache without notice or giving the owner any chance to address this issue.

To top it all off, how it was brought up as an issue is slimy at best especially since some of the many caches that fall into this category where put out by the person.

This cache was placed according to the precedent set.

Before all the guideline spouter's start, I know what the guidelines say about precedent. I put a lot of time and money into this cache and others that should be archived immediately. The law does recognize precedent and it supersedes the guidelines.

This one needs to be reactivated immediately or all the others need to be archived and my existences be reimbursed.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I counted about thirty without going through them all that fall into the same category as this one. It is wrong to have archived this cache without notice or giving the owner any chance to address this issue.

To top it all off, how it was brought up as an issue is slimy at best especially since some of the many caches that fall into this category where put out by the person.

This cache was placed according to the precedent set.

Before all the guideline spouter's start, I know what the guidelines say about precedent. I put a lot of time and money into this cache and others that should be archived immediately. The law does recognize precedent and it supersedes the guidelines.

This one needs to be reactivated immediately or all the others need to be archived and my existences be reimbursed.
    The law? Ekidokai, you really need to realize that the LAW and Cache GUIDELINES are two entirely different areas......

I think MANY reviewers may apply the GUIDELINES to your Stud Mill Rd series, and would have to my Star Wars series a bit differently than MainePublisher did and never allowed them to be published.

All I hear on this forum is cachers telling ME about the Guidelines.... and for ONCE Guidelines have been enforced consistently here and you have a temper tantrum?

I think you will see that I even made an archive request on The New England Challenge GC27MHQ..... as a POINT about cache constistency and the following of guidelines. But, I will say that this maybe a step in the correct direction for caching and reviewers when they DO apply standards equally.

And big deal, you put time and money into this cache. I have put TIME AND MONEY into caches.... and you know what? I have done it before and had my cache archived, or disallowed by the reviewer. So because you put TIME AND MONEY into the cache, it should be allowed to thwart the guidelines?

Mike, you can't go solely on existing caches as many have been grandfathered. Gc.com constantly changes the guidelines which makes it tough to differentiate at times. Some we agree upon, others we don't - there has been one change that IMO has made a big difference in my Battleship cache, which I don't like, but that's "progress". And Chadd is correct, time or money spent has no bearing on any cache.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-23-2010 at 10:51 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

For someone that throws tantrums about guidelines all the time, there seems to be a lot of tickets being issued and caches archived for not having permission to place them.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Mike, be rational and reasonable. I do not throw "tantrums" about guidelines. I state fact, and reasonably support my views. When I disagree with guidelines related issues, it is based on the INCONSISTENT application of guidelines, and NOT the guidelines themselves. If Groundspeak and the reviewers are going to go by the book and follow guidelines and archive or disallow a cache due to guidelines, then those guidelines MUST be applied across the board to everyone with consistentsy.

As far as tickets being issues and caches being archived..... I can only speculate that you are speaking of my Star Wars series? If so, then you should know better that I self-archived those caches for my own personal reasons. No reviewer, property owner, or Groundspeak asked or ordered me to do so. Speaking of which, do you have signed written permission from the property owners along Stud Mill for each and every of your series? Thats a long long long road my friend.... and if I understand what you are IMPLYING by what you are saying here about my caches, I wonder the same thing about your caches. Say what to that?

If you have a personal problem with me and my caching Mike, let's hear it. I know that you say things "behind" closed doors about me. Why don't you bring it all to the table instead of trying to play both sides?

I think it's time this thread was closed.