vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you /don't you donate to this web site?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Therefore you can act more appropriately to avoid personal issues...or atleast that Should be the goal.
    So that's why everyone runs and hides behind rocks and trees when I come walking down the trail!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Nah.....they're looking for micros & nanos in the woods and don't want to be seen doing it
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Humm, I never had issues with anyone on the trail or at an event and truthfully, no really serious issues here. Maybe a lack of understanding or something similar, but not too serious.

One of my theories or sayings I try to keep in place is, "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it is all small stuff!"
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Humm, I never had issues with anyone on the trail or at an event and truthfully, no really serious issues here. Maybe a lack of understanding or something similar, but not too serious.

One of my theories or sayings I try to keep in place is, "Don't sweat the small stuff, and it is all small stuff!"

I agree with all of this. I believe you are correct when you say, " ... it is all small stuff!"
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

I don't think squirrelcache was implying the issues would lead to extreme measures. Sometimes something like an event can be improved upon by knowing what "small stuff" certain cachers enjoy or don't enjoy. While at events, I avoid any talk about numbers with the power cachers and try and lean the conversation towards caches or subjects that we both enjoy. We've learned not to poke fun of southerners in front of some people, we've learned whether or not to discuss golf, beer, guns, and nanos with others.

I find it amazing that with the very diverse group cachers are - from all walks of life and very varied interests and beliefs that we get along as well as we do. I do think that the forums help us understand each other and help us act accordingly when we do meet on the trail or elsewhere.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-07-2009 at 06:54 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Does it really help people get along outside of the forums or do some people hide behind their computer and act differently in person?
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by shuman road searchers View Post
    Does it really help people get along outside of the forums or do some people hide behind their computer and act differently in person?
    I think some people act differently, and if you call avoiding some subjects at an event while not avoiding them here, then I do act different. I don't think an event is a place to have such debates, they are more geared toward having fun and enjoying the day. Now, if you want to have an event or get together just to debate any issues, I'm up for that too!

I like to think that most of us are true. It's very hard for most people to hide their true self month after month in a forum. I have met many people I have known for an extended time online in chat or forums before meeting them, and very few are not as I perceived them to be.
    Last edited by brdad; 09-07-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default You're too funny!

. We've learned not to poke fun of southerners in front of some people, we've learned whether or not to discuss golf, beer, guns, and nanos with others.

Gee, golf and guns....seems I used those as an example about competition just yesterday. Beer, southerners, love 'em both. What could be better then somebody from Kanapolis driving a Chevy with Budweiser written all over it at 200 miles an hour.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I will express one thing that I am pretty sure about as it relates to computers and internet forums. When we are behind the keyboard we often say things that would never be said face to face.

There is something about the keyboard that emboldens some folks.

I'll give you a good example. Brdad and me. On the computer we go back and forth, jab at each other and so forth.

Once we got the air a little bit cleared we got along quite well at events and such and I even went and did his battleship cache.

I think there is something about keyboards that can bring out somethings that you never see in public. JMOHO on this one!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    . We've learned not to poke fun of southerners in front of some people, we've learned whether or not to discuss golf, beer, guns, and nanos with others.

Gee, golf and guns....seems I used those as an example about competition just yesterday. Beer, southerners, love 'em both. What could be better then somebody from Kanapolis driving a Chevy with Budweiser written all over it at 200 miles an hour.
    It is funny, I was thinking of that post when I was typing, but in reality, the southerners and golf section was the only part I acquired from you. In fact, I wanted to incorporate my favorite golf quote, "Golf courses are just a waste of prime geocaching real estate", but could not fit it in there (so thanks for that opportunity!). The beer idea was from Hiram and WRW, the guns from Dave1976, and nanos from Ekidokai. But either way, I was thinking of ya!

And don't get me started on auto racing! It would be so much better without the competition and the rushing!
    Last edited by brdad; 09-07-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!