vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RE: Another use for GPSrs besides geocaching

It works great. The only thing that life flight has to remember is, put down the landing gear when they land!!!!!! This is no joke. It happen to us on the Stud Mill Road. OOOOPs, mess.
    “Sometimes it is easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission”

Hey Jake

On the life flight page they are looking for pictures for the 2008 calendar. If they use one of your pictures in the calendar you might get a nifty gift.

CG

Quote Originally Posted by CountyGirl View Post
    Hey Jake

On the life flight page they are looking for pictures for the 2008 calendar. If they use one of your pictures in the calendar you might get a nifty gift.

CG
    Thanks for thinking of me . . . but those pics were kind of cluttered by the building in the background . . . now if only Lifeflight had landed in a more scenic area!

Incidentally, the 2007 calendar has a story that relates to the photos I took -- the photos on our site here were from a call at Unity Raceway when a guy shooting video footage was run over by a stock car and LifeFlighted to Bangor.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I have the utmost respect for firefighters and EMT's. They do a great job for our communities and GPS's are a great tool for this profession.

It seems like there are a lot of EMT and firefighters cachers out there.
    It must be the prospect of finding...that draws them to this sport.

I wonder which is more frustrating...finding people that are lost in the woods, (injured or not) or finding someones devious find...

either way its rewarding....
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

In the late 90s, when I lived in New Hampshire, I used to cross paths with the pilots at DHART http://www.dhmc.org/dhart.cfm

As I recall, they were building their own database of hospital helipads (or parking lots), ski areas, intersections and other possible landing zones in their service area. At one point I think they even drove around on their days off to take fixes. That is some serious dedication. And smart.

Default good news

Quote Originally Posted by altoclef View Post
    In the late 90s, when I lived in New Hampshire, I used to cross paths with the pilots at DHART http://www.dhmc.org/dhart.cfm

As I recall, they were building their own database of hospital helipads (or parking lots), ski areas, intersections and other possible landing zones in their service area. At one point I think they even drove around on their days off to take fixes. That is some serious dedication. And smart.
    That's pretty impressive. I feel safer knowing this when I travel out to the W.Leb store to work. Thanks for the link.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.