vb:literal>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Craft Corner

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sorry. I thought this was "a thread on crafting Signature Items". I also thought that posting a link to pictures of signature items used by local cachers was appropriate.

Silly me! LOL!

Silly You ! LOL,
    No, this is a thread on sharing thoughts and ideas on creating SIs and HOW to do them, and bringing SIs back to life.
    I'm sure everyone on this site knows of the PHOTO section and that there is a whole bunch dedicated to SI and collecting them. Even the NooBs know because the welcoming committe would have pointed that stuff out to them, right !?! I thought so !
    Now, can I have my Silly little thread, where me and other Silly cachers can do the Crafting thing , hmmmm???????
    Please ?
    Opalsns

One style of SI is the Calling Card. Cachers print up a design that represents them or their team and lamiate the cards. First, I recommend a PAPER CUTTER !!! You can find them in any store.They are small, portable and east to use. Second, Alot of people will use a heat style laminate, Though expensive, they make a sturdier card. I use the Self sticking laminate that can be purchased at any Walmart for sure. It's a little flimsier than the other, but works well. I print the sheet, stick laminate on front and back and cut them to size on the paper cutter. Last, I add a lapel pin , which are very collectable to cachers. And there you have it. Your Geocaching Calling Card.

Opalsns

PS: Draw your own logo or have the kids color up designs for a really Unique card.

Well brad, you're wish came true. no interest.

I'd like to thank the board for all their support.

Opalsns

I think I have had about 4 different SI's since I started geocaching. My first one was a limited production of a metal water plasma cut disk with Haffy engraved into it.

My second one was a specially made Maine bill. Can't find a picture of that one though.

My third and similar one to the one I have now was another Maine outline with my avatar in the center of it.

The one I have now is basically the same but now since I live in SC I used the state outline as well.

I make them simply by printing them off on magnetic sheets which I can get from Wally World for approximately a buck a sheet. I get 16 of them per sheet and then cut them out. I then just slip each individual cut out into one of those little plastic baggies which also come from Wally World which I buy 100 of them for about 2 bucks. All in all I have less then 10 dollars invested in some unique refrigerator magnets for my own signature item. Which reminds me I have to make some more.

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Haffy,
    How or where did you get 1st SIs done? They are very cool and uniqe. I've never seen one like it.
    I've seen the dollar bills, also very neat.
    Do you laminate the bills?

My son, who works at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is a machinest and he made them. No I didn't laminate the bills I just put them in a baggie to keep them dry.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Question OK! So what did I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Well brad, you're wish came true. no interest.

I'd like to thank the board for all their support.

Opalsns
    I never said a thing about this thread. What gives?
    Happy Trails!

Talking I have a rare one.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I think I have had about 4 different SI's since I started geocaching. My first one was a limited production of a metal water plasma cut disk with Haffy engraved into it.

My second one was a specially made Maine bill. Can't find a picture of that one though.

My third and similar one to the one I have now was another Maine outline with my avatar in the center of it.

The one I have now is basically the same but now since I live in SC I used the state outline as well.

I make them simply by printing them off on magnetic sheets which I can get from Wally World for approximately a buck a sheet. I get 16 of them per sheet and then cut them out. I then just slip each individual cut out into one of those little plastic baggies which also come from Wally World which I buy 100 of them for about 2 bucks. All in all I have less then 10 dollars invested in some unique refrigerator magnets for my own signature item. Which reminds me I have to make some more.

The only way I got one of the engraved ones is picking it up out of a cache when it was being dropped in by you. Right place....right time...
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I never said a thing about this thread. What gives?
    Not you ............Bradaad or whatever, Sheesh if you never posted, why would you think it was you??? Don't get silly on me now. LOL !!!
    I refer to you as Maniac1957, ...Now that I've got you,
    .... how do you make your magnets, I've got 3 of your Monster Car s and my first event. Do you print right on the magnet or stick them on after???

Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    .... how do you make your magnets, I've got 3 of your Monster Car s and my first event. Do you print right on the magnet or stick them on after???
    Same way Haffy does them
    Happy Trails!