vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin vs Geocaching.com

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    So if I've already found a cache through groundspeak, I should be able to go to this new site and log the find, correct?
    It would be cool if you could just upload your finds PQ file from GC into OC to log all your finds
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sounds like you could, it's open caching, right? cache how you want. Log it even if you didn't find it.
    Did you know you can also log find on GC if you didn't find it? I tried it and it worked! And it's not even open caching :P
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Did you know you can also log find on GC if you didn't find it? I tried it and it worked! And it's not even open caching :P
    Yeah, and many people do just that! But it's certainly not in the design of a gc.com cache.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

and this posted on engadget.com today...http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/08/g...ing-closer-to/

I like this part

http://www.opencaching.com/api_doc/

I guess it's time to archive all of my caches on geocaching.com and switch to OC
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    I like this part

http://www.opencaching.com/api_doc/

I guess it's time to archive all of my caches on geocaching.com and switch to OC
    If that's what you feel you need to do, but all means you should do it. It's going to take more than free access to draw me to it. There are other possible issues that make me feel it's not worth jumping into opencaching head first.

Not implying you are that way, cano, but I would love if anyone who felt cache quality, quantity, or permission means nothing moves all their caches over to opencaching.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

If that's what you feel you need to do, but all means you should do it. It's going to take more than free access to draw me to it. There are other possible issues that make me feel it's not worth jumping into opencaching head first.
    It's not about free access. It's about freedom. All data are released under Creative Commons License. You can even create your own version of geocaching site with features you like and synchronize all data with OC. Soon many feature rich geocaching websites like this will emerge.

Not implying you are that way, cano, but I would love if anyone who felt cache quality, quantity, or permission means nothing moves all their caches over to opencaching.
    That's actually not going to happen. As a matter of fact open caching will evolve many ways to deal with low quality caches and issues.
    You are welcome to stay on a site where some company and some publishers (I didn't vote for) think they own the game and want YOU to play the game the way how THEY like and no other way. Open Caching is a platform for open minded people that are open to new ideas and are not afraid to experiment.
    Moo