vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The first cache

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    If someone is receiving a shock from the bolts on a light pole they would have already been shocked by contacting the pole itself. Only an improperly grounded fixture could cause this situation. Generally this would not happen. Yes there are exceptions to the rule, but they are that, rare exceptions. This being said, I too do not feel that the LPC is the best cache hiding spot there is, but it sure is popular especially down in North Carolina as well as other high cache density areas.
    Glad I know people that know stuff!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

In regards to the history of caches and trackables in general, is there a way to search for the cache with the most finds? Or how about the trackable with the most miles logged?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    In regards to the history of caches and trackables in general, is there a way to search for the cache with the most finds? Or how about the trackable with the most miles logged?

*THIS* Looks like a job for (drum roll here) BRDAD!!!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    *THIS* Looks like a job for (drum roll here) BRDAD!!!
    For just the Maine caches this would actually be an easy task with GSAK, but unfortunately to do so would require gathering every log from all caches placed in the state. Getting those logs is actually quite easy (but time consuming), but would most likely be considered data mining resulting in the termination of my accounts. While doing the stats requires me use this process to download some logs from some caches (most notably the reviewer and owner logs) it is kept to a minimum.

So, unfortunately there is no way to determine these numbers at this time.

However, I am guessing this cache has the most finds of any in Maine with a total of 3851 find logs at the time of this post. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    What in the World Cache? (GC6D43) by Ghosthunter (2/1)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."