vb:literal>

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

O.K. this is the scoop so far,the event is on,the snow is suppose to be over by sat.Sat. temps are suppose to be in the high 30's -low 40's and warm sat. night.We have a great crew that plows the roads up here and they will have everything done early.I'm going to give them a heads up so they know whats going on anyway.Number Seven is going to push back his snow banks so there will be room for quite a few vehicles in his yard. There is a trail behind his house to the campsite.Also the road by the Piper Pond beach is quite wide and Number Seven's house is the white gambrel just up the road on the right,the one with a boat in the yard.Parking beside the road on the Barrow Falls rd. should be find if the road is plowed when you get there which it should be.I'll try to have signs and instuctions at all the access points.My house is the red cape and barn across the road from Traftons store here in Abbot.You are welcome to park here and car pool with some one or you can leave you vehicle at the store if you tell them whats up.Also the snowmobile club house is a 1/4 mile up rt.16 and they will let you park there I'm sure again if you ask.They are having a fun day themselves with lots of stuff going on,Breakfast,lunch and dinner are being served on sat.Hope this addresses some of your concerns.

The snow storm although a pain in some ways should only add to the campout in the long run.Lets have some fun playing in the snow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    O.K. this is the scoop so far,the event is on,the snow is suppose to be over by sat.Sat. temps are suppose to be in the high 30's -low 40's and warm sat. night.We have a great crew that plows the roads up here and they will have everything done early.I'm going to give them a heads up so they know whats going on anyway.Number Seven is going to push back his snow banks so there will be room for quite a few vehicles in his yard. There is a trail behind his house to the campsite.Also the road by the Piper Pond beach is quite wide and Number Seven's house is the white gambrel just up the road on the right,the one with a boat in the yard.Parking beside the road on the Barrow Falls rd. should be find if the road is plowed when you get there which it should be.I'll try to have signs and instuctions at all the access points.My house is the red cape and barn across the road from Traftons store here in Abbot.You are welcome to park here and car pool with some one or you can leave you vehicle at the store if you tell them whats up.Also the snowmobile club house is a 1/4 mile up rt.16 and they will let you park there I'm sure again if you ask.They are having a fun day themselves with lots of stuff going on,Breakfast,lunch and dinner are being served on sat.Hope this addresses some of your concerns.

The snow storm although a pain in some ways should only add to the campout in the long run.Lets have some fun playing in the snow!!!!

are the parking coords on the website for #7s house or the side of the road? If we do park at #7s how much of a hike is it from there? (longer than the we came in on the sleds?)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    are the parking coords on the website for #7s house or the side of the road? If we do park at #7s how much of a hike is it from there? (longer than the we came in on the sleds?)
    Hiram #7 co-ords are not posted but I'll try and do that tomorrow.Its a 1/4 mile longer then the way you went in before.Just a one lane snow sled track.

Hiram #7 co-ords are not posted but I'll try and do that tomorrow.Its a 1/4 mile longer then the way you went in before.Just a one lane snow sled track.
    ok, so are these coords,

More Parking (Parking Area)N 45° 13.129 W 069° 31.389

for the side of the road parking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    ok, so are these coords,

More Parking (Parking Area)N 45° 13.129 W 069° 31.389

for the side of the road parking?
    Remember when you guys left on your sleds you came shortly to a road crossing?That is these co-ords,just before you get to piper pond.Parking here you can go down the snowmobile trail take a right to the campsite.Its probably a 1/2 mile longer all good going.

When I gave the directions to #7 house I tried to type real slow so that Hiram would be able to follow the directions.My typing is getting a little faster then it used to be so I must apologize if I went to fast or didn't explain myself clearly.According to webster's new world dictionary a pond is a body of water smaller then a lake,a beach is a sandy shore on a pond,a boat is a vessel that goes on a pond.All of this is much more confusing seeing as how the pond is now frozen.Also no one expects to see a boat in someones yard this time of year.So Hiram after you go by the spot that is for more parking you will come to a large area on the right that is all covered with snow.This is a field.Across the road is a even bigger area covered with snow this is a pond,Piper pond in fact.Field on your right,pond on your left,if this is where you are then #7 house is up the road on the right hand side.The boat (remember this is the vessel that goes on the water)is in his yard next to the road.A house according to webster is a dwelling where people live,and a yard in this case is not 36' long but rather a lawn.

When I gave the directions to #7 house I tried to type real slow so that Hiram would be able to follow the directions.My typing is getting a little faster then it used to be so I must apologize if I went to fast or didn't explain myself clearly.According to webster's new world dictionary a pond is a body of water smaller then a lake,a beach is a sandy shore on a pond,a boat is a vessel that goes on a pond.All of this is much more confusing seeing as how the pond is now frozen.Also no one expects to see a boat in someones yard this time of year.So Hiram after you go by the spot that is for more parking you will come to a large area on the right that is all covered with snow.This is a field.Across the road is a even bigger area covered with snow this is a pond,Piper pond in fact.Field on your right,pond on your left,if this is where you are then #7 house is up the road on the right hand side.The boat (remember this is the vessel that goes on the water)is in his yard next to the road.A house according to webster is a dwelling where people live,and a yard in this case is not 36' long but rather a lawn.
    so #7 is 36' long and can tavel on the boat like a pond if his lawn isn't frozen??? Ahha! Now i understand!! i can park in the snow!! ok, now i got it! thanks vic!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    1) In which town and on what ITS or Club trail is the snowmobile turn-off?

2) Do you get credit for the "find" if you stop by and just say hi and don't camp? Just curious.
    Jake

I know how to get there. I have already been there on the sleds. I am going Saturday morning sometime. If you want to hook up with me let me know. I am going solo right now. I would really like another sledder to go with me. We can put in at Newport or we could put in at Vic's parking cooridinates. I am easy. I just want a sledding partner.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Jake

I know how to get there. I have already been there on the sleds. I am going Saturday morning sometime. If you want to hook up with me let me know. I am going solo right now. I would really like another sledder to go with me. We can put in at Newport or we could put in at Vic's parking cooridinates. I am easy. I just want a sledding partner.
    I'd take you up on the offer, but my brother-in-law is coming up from CT and I'm not sure when he will be arriving so I don't want to hold you up . . . if he's up to it I may see if I can convince him to head up that-away on the sleds which I am sure he would be willing to do . . . only I have no idea of when he will be arriving on Saturday.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Talking Vic, you are too funny.

And that according to Webster is humor, causing one to laugh with enjoyment.
    Happy Trails!