vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 13th Kayaking event survey

I think RobT has the best answer so far. We can put in in Brunswick at the boat launch along the river with the walking path (Water street I think) and paddle that area. Does anyone know what the tide will be on that day?

RobT do you want to put this event on and post it. We may need to find out the tide for that day first.
    Blazing Troll

BRUNSWICK, ME
    Sun July 13

LOW 6:57 AM EDT / 0.50 ft
    HIGH 11:07 AM EDT / 3.28 ft
    LOW 6:59 PM EDT / 0.82 ft
    HIGH 11:17 PM EDT / 3.80 ft
    SUNRISE 5:09 AM EDT
    SUNSET 8:20 PM EDT
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I can post the event just need to nail down a few of the details and we are good.

I figure that we would put in at water street and then either get out at the Bay Bridge landing or if people were game we could go all the way over the the landing in bath. There are 3 caches that we could easally get if we wanted to (one that I want to get). The only issue would be we would need to plan on a little car shuffling as it would be alot easier to go down stream and not try to go back up.

Carol, This would be south of his house and at worst case we would get out of the water on 10 miles from 295 so it is pretty close.

What does everyone else think?

Im looking forward to this particular weekend this year. I had to postpone some of my plans this year, but I am hoping I wont have to give this up also.
    thanks for thinking south of Litchfield

RobT

If your talking about the boat launch near the Bath bridge then I think that may be a little to far some some of use. That is over 12 miles by water.

If we go to the Bay bridge landing then that is about 4 miles. That may be more of what we are looking for. I know Carol brought a 1 person canoe the last time we did the paddle event. I don't know what she is brining this time.
    Blazing Troll

How about Woodbury Pond, GCYAX4? It's a lot closer to the cookout.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

I paddle a canoe solo.....
    and of course I like to paddle easy and talk to everyone-
    Please don't finalize this on me....I will tag along until its time to head home.

I think Tat says it well though- lets paddle close to the food!

I was looking at the distance now that I am at home and can see the maps and bath would be 13 miles so that would be along day. Baybridge would be a nice easy run of 4 to 5 miles.

I looked at the map and woodburry pond is another idea I just do not know the area but would be game to that idea as well.

Let me know what you guys think,

water st in brunswick to bay bridge then we could probally go somewhere in cooks corner for a snack

or

woodburry pond

Default Runaround Pond

One of the quiet waters paddles. GC15EEJ Don't Tell me where to Grow. Also Water Lily is nearby. This is only 23 miles by road from the event, and about a half hour drive. Being a pond it would be suitable for everyone. Just a thought.

Launch: N43° 57.095 W70° 10.176

We could help someone with their earlier DNF....
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    How about Woodbury Pond, GCYAX4? It's a lot closer to the cookout.
    Woodbury Pond is a good option. That is less then 5 miles form the house and it is a boat launch. I have put in there before. If we wanted to we could put in at Woodbury Pond and paddle to within 1/2 mile from my house to where we put in the first time we all paddled together after my event two years ago. That is all part of the same lake chain.

We could all come back to the house after and throw some burgers and dogs on the grill.
    Blazing Troll