vb:literal>

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 maine geocoin design

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Do you buy the two pieces separately, or are they a set?
    EMSDanel explained it is sold as a set. Interesting note, however, is that the designer is now selling the small part (colored differently than the large double ones she did) as a single small coin (and of course the die was already made - instant second coin with no new die charges - just change your finishes).

And so is Kittery Maine...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    And so is Kittery Maine...lol
    Well, I guess I am seriously out of the loop on your implication for this comment. Would you care to elaborate?

My suggetion was just an option to look at something which had recently been done, sold out successfully and are a viable design alternative.

What does Kittery Maine have to do with a Geocoin design?

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Well, I guess I am seriously out of the loop on your implication for this comment. Would you care to elaborate?

My suggetion was just an option to look at something which had recently been done, sold out successfully and are a viable design alternative.

What does Kittery Maine have to do with a Geocoin design?
    yeah, I didn't catch that one either. Glad I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    yeah, I didn't catch that one either. Glad I'm not the only one
    Thanks Sudonim....... I am sure after visiting the post of the photo link you have an idea of what I meant and the potential. I am ok with anything.

I think haffy's post was in response to EMSDanel's "...the coin might include Quoddy Head Lighthouse...the eastern-most point in the United States... now that truly is unique to Maine." post.

And while I think we should do non-coastal coin, Qoddy Head is unique in the fact that is it the easternmost lighthouse in the U.S. as well as being he easternmost benchmark.

With the hangy things - would there be several options, or just one item? It seems you'd have to pay extra for each....
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

are both parts trackable or is it only the larger one and the rest an embellishment?
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

The coin I showed only had one part attached. I suppose you could do more than one attached part - my thought it would have to be smaller than the little turtle.

The coin shown only one part was trackable on the ones connected together. When Tsunrisebey remints just the smaller part - not attached to the Mama turtle - that is going to be a little trackable one.

Each tracking number would cost $1.50, so to make both parts connected together trackable would cost $3.00 without the cost for the coin. It would be like a coin which has two trackable sides.

As for the cost of the 2 part turtle coins - yes, it was more expensive than a single coin but if unique enough folks will pay it. This particular coin sold out over 250 in less than 5 minutes (It was $13.00 including shipping).

Think that answers all the questions.
    It is just an option. There are many beautiful and creative coins out. I tend to like coins with shapes - the scout knife coins, the rolling firetruck coins, the turtle coins, sea turtle coins, frogs, sea shells, sand dollars - the list goes on.....and add beautiful art = ooh la, la!

I would love to see this coin in person sometime. This could be quite the option for our coin making different hangy things for it.
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    I would love to see this coin in person sometime. This could be quite the option for our coin making different hangy things for it.
    I don't have one left but I think my daughter has one she activated - you coming to Mainiac1957's event. I can ask her to bring hers - or if she doesn't make it - to let me have hers for the day. And I think Kayakerinme has one too. It is a pretty coin and lots of options.

Not a $10 coin but worth the extra. Hey, it's an anniversary - right?