vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Verizon DSL

We had DSL for a long time but we switched to cable and it's much faster. I think it's because we are at the far end of the range for DSL, so the signal was bad.

Also, have you guys tried Microsoft Virtual Earth? Their birds-eye view thingy is very cool because you can fly down into the street and look at all sides of an object, not just the top. The pictures are fairly new. I was happy to be able to see that my flat roof, which I have never seen in person, looked good - at least 3 years ago it did. I can tell what year the picture was taken because I know what I had in my yard at that time. Take a look at it if you can. It makes you feel like you could walk right in someone's door.
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Quote Originally Posted by Kacky View Post
    We had DSL for a long time but we switched to cable and it's much faster. I think it's because we are at the far end of the range for DSL, so the signal was bad.

Also, have you guys tried Microsoft Virtual Earth? Their birds-eye view thingy is very cool because you can fly down into the street and look at all sides of an object, not just the top. The pictures are fairly new. I was happy to be able to see that my flat roof, which I have never seen in person, looked good - at least 3 years ago it did. I can tell what year the picture was taken because I know what I had in my yard at that time. Take a look at it if you can. It makes you feel like you could walk right in someone's door.
    I was looking at there web page and I do not see the download link. Is this something that has to be purchased?
    Blazing Troll

Here is a link to download it Rick and anyone else who might be interested in it.

http://microsoft-virtual-earth.en.softonic.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Here is a link to download it Rick and anyone else who might be interested in it.

http://microsoft-virtual-earth.en.softonic.com/
    memememememe Thank you
    Slowly but surely

I've been at the Pub to long!!!

I just downloaded Microsoft Virtual Earth and I think it stinks. Google Earth from in my opinion is 100 times better.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I just downloaded Microsoft Virtual Earth and I think it stinks. Google Earth from in my opinion is 100 times better.
    I have to take this comment back. I have been using it a few times in the last week. It comes in real handy when making maps from scratch. I am working on my next years release of my 2009 book and the $1.99 that paid for it has paid for itself many times over.
    Blazing Troll

The one draw back to it is that the aeriel maps on Virtual Earth are far more out of date then Google Earth maps. The aeriel maps on Virtual Earth are over 9 years out of date. I have verified this because The Home Deport in Auburn Maine is not on the Virtual Earth map and that was built about 9 years ago. It does show up on Google Earth though.
    Blazing Troll

Any one have any satellite Virtual Earth maps from the 50's? I sure would like to get nostalgic about how my neighborhood used to look when I was growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    Any one have any satellite Virtual Earth maps from the 50's? I sure would like to get nostalgic about how my neighborhood used to look when I was growing up.
    LOL! Since the first satellite - Sputnik - wasn't even launched until October 1957, I doubt if any satellite photos of Maine were taken until MUCH past the 1950's.

Aerial photos - taken from an airplane - probably exist, though.