vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Queries

Default Pocket Queries

Its been a while since I have played with the Pocket Queries. My question is if I build a query and "Run this query once then delete it". How long should it be before it shows up in my email?
    Blazing Troll

Most of my queries come within 5 minutes, usually less than a minute. That should be the case whether you opt to have it deleted or not.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Hmmm, it has been 20 minutes not. I will go do it again.
    Blazing Troll

Catch me in chat if you till have troubles... Can't be much wrong.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Hmmm, it has been 20 minutes not. I will go do it again.
    It goes into a queue, so depending on the volume will impact how quickly it appears. Usually well within 20 minutes however. No one would know better than Brdad on PQ's though.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

We got him fixed up, just one check mark missing! He found it just as I was asking.

I tried a test one and it took about 45 seconds.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I let my premium membership expire in August as I haven't had a heck of a lot of time to cache but I thought the PQ's didnt actually end up in emails anymore. Doesn't the email just tell you when the download is ready for you to pull off the site or did that change again?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

If there are less than 500 caches in the PQ, it will come via email; 500 and over you just get a link. It's kind of a weird way to do it, but gc.com is working on improving it, like giving GSAK and other approved apps the ability to get them directly from gc.com.

Checking your email is an easy way to determine if the PQ has been generated, but it is more effective to check on the PQ page where it gives the actual time it was generated (or "never".) Sometimes the delay or other issue is in the email itself and that bypasses that possibility.
    Last edited by brdad; 10-24-2010 at 07:25 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

DeLorme's Topo 9 also syncs your PQ's directly from GC.com...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    DeLorme's Topo 9 also syncs your PQ's directly from GC.com...
    But Topo does not connect to the gc.com servers and download the PQ all by itself yet does it? That is the functionality gc.com is supposed to be allowing GSAK to implement soon, and I assume Topo as well. Right now we have to download the PQ, and GSAK/Topo will import that directly.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!