vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate cahces in gps units

Default Duplicate cahces in gps units

Anyone using GSAK and there gps units ever found they had some how made copy's of all the caches not sure how I did it but I had to go through and delete all the copy's and now it looks like it happened again I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.every time I find a cache I would like to do I save it to the GSAK then up load the info to my gps unit which is a Garmin etrex vista hcx. shouldn't it over wright any of the same existing caches in the unit?
    The Drinking Will Continue Until Morale Improves !!

I am also having trouble--just today--of getting my pocket queries to my email. for some reason when I generate the PQ it is not sending it to my email. Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaine View Post
    Anyone using GSAK and there gps units ever found they had some how made copy's of all the caches not sure how I did it but I had to go through and delete all the copy's and now it looks like it happened again I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.every time I find a cache I would like to do I save it to the GSAK then up load the info to my gps unit which is a Garmin etrex vista hcx. shouldn't it over wright any of the same existing caches in the unit?

Are you deleteing the caches b4 you load the new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    I am also having trouble--just today--of getting my pocket queries to my email. for some reason when I generate the PQ it is not sending it to my email. Grr.

Hmm mine updated normally today but I didn ot run any special queries. Sometimes it can take time from when you put in a querry till it is proccessed. That is my best answer, also if they are being sent I would check your spam filters to verify that they are not being identified as spam.

No I don't delete the ones in the unit I just figured it would over wright them if there the same ones. If I delete them they wont still show up in my found category would they ?

No I don't delete the ones in the unit I just figured it would over wright them if there the same ones. If I delete them they wont still show up in my found category would they ?
    I do a pq of my finds and load that into GSAK but I do not generally load that into my GPS as it can take up a lot of the 1k that I can load and perfer to load as many caches that I can find for the areas that I am loading

I just usually keep a couple of data bases in GSAK. One of my finds which usually is updated once a week or so unless I haven't done any caching to make a difference and the other one of all my unfound caches in South Carolina which now takes me 7 pocket queries which I like to have updated only when I decide to go on an extended day trip for caching. Other than that I usually just do a filter of the caches within a certain zipcode of where I plan on going caching that particular day. When I do decide to do an update of all my PQ's I make sure I check off the box where it says delete after, to make sure I get it within a few minutes and that usually works pretty good. If not it might run and it might not run,depends on the server load at that particular time.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have a GSAK database of all caches in Maine. Basically I have 9 PQ's that I run to get everything. When I update the database I do not delete anything and it seems to just update what needs to be updated. After loading each PQ I get a little message telling me how many were updated at the end.

When I export them in to my GPS, however, I delete everything from my GPS unit first.

I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but I've found that doing this keeps everything accurate and I haven't had any duplicates.

Guess I need to get to know the GSAK program a bit better. Also Im not very up on how to make PQ's is there a way to download all the caches in maine as to date?

Guess I need to get to know the GSAK program a bit better. Also Im not very up on how to make PQ's is there a way to download all the caches in maine as to date?
    All Unfound Maine Caches in Multiple PQs
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."