vb:literal>

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Maine Geocoin (Finally?)

d’76 Guest

The coin looks great. Could we consider using the water image that came with the mountain pic so that maybe the water isnt so loud on the coin. Just a thought. I like it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    The coin looks great. Could we consider using the water image that came with the mountain pic so that maybe the water isnt so loud on the coin. Just a thought. I like it either way.
    I don't think the water will be loud if we are going to have it in 3D design because it will be like the lighthouse and will be raised and no colors. That is of course if that is how we all decide on it.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I don't think the water will be loud if we are going to have it in 3D design because it will be like the lighthouse and will be raised and no colors. That is of course if that is how we all decide on it.
    Good point. I forgot that there was no color on the back. Thats what I get for not paying close enough attention. DUH!

Thanks Rick

d’76 Guest

So is it possible now to get the coin in 2006, since it is November and that means only 2 months or should we just put 2007 on the coin and skip 06.

How is all the hard stuff with the coin going Andy???

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    So is it possible now to get the coin in 2006, since it is November and that means only 2 months or should we just put 2007 on the coin and skip 06.

How is all the hard stuff with the coin going Andy???
    I've sent the picture Rick did to Coins&Pins to see what the monochrome rendition would look like, waiting for Tess to send back the artwork. I'm hoping that this is still a realistic goal for 2006 and that we can get stuff out by Xmas, but not sure. I'll post the artwork when I get it.

Thank you Andy for everything. You are the best!

Andy

Brad brought up a good point in post number #57. The name across the top of the coin right now says "Maine North Woods". I think it will be fine but wanted to bring this to your attentions again. I replied to it with my intentions in post #58, but that is just how I was thinking when I designed it. I want to make sure that this is what we want to go with.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Andy

Brad brought up a good point in post number #57. The name across the top of the coin right now says "Maine North Woods". I think it will be fine but wanted to bring this to your attentions again. I replied to it with my intentions in post #58, but that is just how I was thinking when I designed it. I want to make sure that this is what we want to go with.
    The only other thought I came up with was "Maine Wilderness", but time is running out and no one has spoken out with strong dissapointment for "Maine North Woods".
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Personally, I think serious consideration should be given to having the coin done in color. The coins I've seen in monochrome just don't show the detail very well. I would be willing to pay a couple of extra $$ if it was in color.

As for "Maine North Woods", that just doesn't sound quite right. "Maine Wilderness", "You can't get there from here"

We can get a final wording changed easily. I just wanted to get a mockup of what the coin would look like, something we can vote on for the basic design.