vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Geocaching 101

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    This might work for me! I am scheduled to work in the am, but it is usually only for a couple of hours if at all. Would it be ok to say I will plan to be there and can let you know more definitively the night before?
    More than OK . . . I understand that folks are busy and things come up. Heck, I will be working on the house before and after this session . . . so many things to do, so little time to do them . . . and I haven't been geocaching for over two weeks now -- I'm starting to go through withdrawal.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    . . . so many things to do, so little time to do them . . . and I haven't been geocaching for over two weeks now -- I'm starting to go through withdrawal.
    Isn't that the truth!!
    I'll bring my shiny new Garmin so they can see what a "real" gps looks like - hehehehe
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Bump

---

Trying to get a head count for this Saturday . . . and I may even be persuaded to sweeten the deal some by offering free pizza.

As mentioned in earlier posts I'm doing a PowerPoint presentation on Thursday and then a hands-on demo on Saturday at 12:30 p.m.

At this point it looks like it's me and maybe Beach Comber . . . I could use some more folks to help educate these folks about geocaching. This should be an easy way to give something back to the Unity Barn Raisers and Friends of Unity Wetlands in appreciation for them allowing us to place caches on their trails.

Since I could really, really use some help (and I know folks are busy) I'll make the following offer.

1. Meet me at the Unity House of Pizza at 11:30 a.m. and I'll provide some pizza for lunch.

2. Help me do a cache find at 12:30 (about an hour) . . . we'll probably end up walking down to Bryer's Beach to do this one.

3. Afterwards grab some of the great caches in the area and check out the fall foliage . . . if you've never cached in the Greater Unity Area you should . . . there are some great locations in and around the area (Albion, China, Unity, Thorndike, Freedom, Knox, etc.)

So how about it any takers.

Cachers who will attend

1. FFJake
    2. Beach Comber . . . "maybe"
    3.______________
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Pete490 and sheeplady are willing to come. see you at 11:30!

d’76 Guest

Sorry Jake I wish I could help again but those winter chores that you where talking about before I finally have to get to before it is too late.

i'm sorry, too, jake! i would love to help - we haven't cached together for a while. but cameo, lois and i are going to a letterboxing event in southern maine. i hope you have a great turnout!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by sheeplady View Post
    Pete490 and sheeplady are willing to come. see you at 11:30!
    Well that's two more who will be sincerely welcomed . . . looks like this time around I may be meeting a bunch of cachers whom I have seen logged into other caches, but have never met in person. Glad to have you coming Pete and Sheeplady.

Sorry Jake, I should be about half way to North Dakota by Saturday, obviously I won't be able to attend. Had lots of fun the last time and hope you folks have as much fun this time!!

Have a great day!!!

Pedalchick and I will be in Georgia to see my sister and her new baby. Hope you have a good time and good weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Sorry Jake, I should be about half way to North Dakota by Saturday, obviously I won't be able to attend. Had lots of fun the last time and hope you folks have as much fun this time!!

Have a great day!!!
    Are you going to the Maine Ice Hockey game in Grand Forks?