vb:literal>

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping at Wheelbarrow Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I pay a minimum of $20 per incriminating photo...
    Sheesh! How much do you think Medawookie would pay for the negative?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! How much do you think Medawookie would pay for the negative?
    dunno... depends how much money I give her...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thumbs up Back from the North and counting down hours already!

dunno... depends how much money I give her...
    Actually, I have $3,000 all my own, I was thinking of buying a new car, but...exceptions could be made...

Cape Ann Carol,
    A boat would be cool, if there's enough water for paddle, I think ATtrol and Tink have boats they may/may not bring. We went to the ice caves this past weekend, but I wouldn't mind another adventure up there, it was neat! And there was a view that I didn't get to explore before we left...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Wow did you guys explore all 5 ice caves? I thought you were going to wait and do it with us this weekend. What a bummer.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Wow did you guys explore all 5 ice caves? I thought you were going to wait and do it with us this weekend. What a bummer.
    i think we found about 3, but we're definitely going again

no ice though... which sucked because my beer went warm...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether View Post
    . . Too many hobbies, not enough weekends. Hope you all have a great time.
    I agree . . . and then there's work around the house (regular work, renovation work and of course work-work) . . . I tell ya that dreaded W-word just gets in the way of geocaching.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I just float like an otter, it's easier to carry beer that way

I dunno, do we need a watercraft to get to the ice caves?
    If this is the same ice cave that I'm thinking about you can get to it via land . . . but it's all bush whacking and a long bushwhack at that . . . canoeing in would probably be easier.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

I am really excited about the weekend. How many of you are going?
    I had a slight change in plans, Larry will have to fish so he bailed on me. A few of my girlfriends are very interested in joining us- i think 5 or 6 of them.
    Steph - I will definately bring a couple boats- and the other cars will also bring one each, Paddling to the caves may be a good idea- the terrain over there- is heavy duty! But if the winds are heavy paddling can be difficult.
    I am taking friday off and getting started by 6am- I pick up the first set of girls in Danvers, then to Amesbury and the last one in Portland. If they are all ready to go we should get up there by 1 or 2 ish.
    Rick- Im not sure how big wheelbarrow pitch is, but is there any other campsite close by that one just in case?
    what time will everyone else be getting there?

Quote Originally Posted by cape ann carol View Post
    . . .Im not sure how big wheelbarrow pitch is, but is there any other campsite close by that one just in case? . . .
    WBP has a fairly large area . . . I've always been a bit partial to Little Omaha Beach which also offers some nice camping and views, but Hiram doesn't like it since you can't drive right to the point where the campsite is . . . you have to hoof your stuff 100-150 yards.

Of course there is always Omaha Beach . . . I hear it's a great place for group camping . . . right Hiram? Incidentally, I trust you guys had a great time . . . I really wanted to be there, but had to get some stuff done and fortunately I was able to nearly complete everything . . . another few nights staining and then the master bedroom will be ready for the carpet guys (and then I get to move on to the next project in the house. )

WBP is a fairly large campsite. Actually it is two camp sites. I would say it is about the size as the grassy area of my back yard and maybe a little smaller.

I have Friday off also and I am just waiting to hear from everyone else. Maybe we could all meet at Walmart in Waterville or something like that.

I don't know where everyone had to bushwack. Here are the directions I got from North Woods Explorer who owns the cache.
    Just as you cross abol bridge there is a big speed bump and what looks like
    a gravel pit on the left side of the road. This is Abol road, it goes to
    several places to camp and finally you will find a gate. You can see
    where people walk around the gate. Just after the gate take the road to
    the left. If you follow it until the gps mark the earthcache directly to
    your right you will be at the edge of a clear cut. Just follow the
    skidder trail up the ridge to within about two meters of the caves. If
    you stay on the road it will bring you to the outlet campsite.
    Blazing Troll