vb:literal>

Thread: Granite State Geocachers

Thumbs up Granite State Geocachers

Many of you may remember when we first started out - In a Yahoo Group, not very sure what we wanted, but we knew we wanted something. We have come a long way, but there is still a long ways to go. Anyway, New Hampshire is in the early stages of the same process at this time. Too Tall John and a few others have been been working on a web site and Google Group. I've been following their progress for a while and decided to pop in and say hi last night.

I think many of us here in Maine visit New Hampshire and vise-versa so it only seems natural to be neighborly and help each other along if we could. One thing they are looking for is a webmaster. If you know of anyone, you might want to let them know. And like us, they seem to be open to any ideas. Anyone interested should check it out and give them some support.

They also have a chat on Sunday at 7PM, and I have invited them to our chats Mondays and Wednesdays. Too Tall John stopped in last night for a few minutes, unfortunately everyone else was gone by then! Maybe a few of us can make their chat.

They have officially decided on the name Granite State Geocachers.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-27-2007 at 06:30 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I too have been following their progress since TTJ first mentioned it in the NE forums. Hope they succeed in their endeavor and wish them the best of luck as well. I guess we all know the growing pains that are involved and we were certainly lucky to have Rick as our webmaster. I'll be sure to make it a point to visit their site and help if they need it too.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Many of you may remember when we first started out - In a Yahoo Group, not very sure what we wanted, but we knew we wanted something. We have come a long way, but there is still a long ways to go. Anyway, New Hampshire is in the early stages of the same process at this time. Too Tall John and a few others have been been working on a web site and Google Group. I've been following their progress for a while and decided to pop in and say hi last night.

I think many of us here in Maine visit New Hampshire and vise-versa so it only seems natural to be neighborly and help each other along if we could. One thing they are looking for is a webmaster. If you know of anyone, you might want to let them know. And like us, they seem to be open to any ideas. Anyone interested should check it out and give them some support.

They also have a chat on Sunday at 7PM, and I have invited them to our chats Mondays and Wednesdays. Too Tall John stopped in last night for a few minutes, unfortunately everyone else was gone by then! Maybe a few of us can make their chat.

They have officially decided on the name Granite State Geocachers.

It looks like they're off to a good start, I can't figure out their chat though... must be a requirement of geocaching sites to have confusing chatrooms... (I see they even linked to so images off your site dave, hope it's not copyrighted, ) I don't know what I could offer a new site (other than offensive humor ) But as soon as I figure out their chat I'll try to drop in. They speak english in NH right?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    . . . They speak english in NH right?
    Actually it's a blend of old-fashioned Yankee with a healthy dose of Massachusettisms added into the whole equation.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Actually it's a blend of old-fashioned Yankee with a healthy dose of Massachusettisms added into the whole equation.
    Massachusettisms... I uh... will be washing my hair that night, sorry can't join the chat..
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Well, thank you for visiting our forums and website. It is a little confusing, but we are trying to work out the bugs. Oh, and I want to say thank you for letting me a part of your organization before we got the ball rolling in NH. We appreciate and helpful hints you can give us and I will be coming over here and asking questions once in awhile! Thanks!

Mrs. Want2bemore