vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: kid friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    But a lot of those "regular" caches are pretty big. If you've done Laughing Terry's Jackson Pond Cache, you'll know that this "regular cache" is BIG, and filled with goodies. (Definitely "kid friendly")
    OK, I'll spot you 50 caches that might be listed as regular but are large. Now our ratio is much better, 62:835!

The Gift Giver cache was a great idea, and a great size!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Every Christmas time for the last several years I have done a very kid friendly cache in the Lewiston/Auburn area. Christmas Stash. It's a foot locker sized container and full of kid friendly stuff. Maybe even something for the big kids.

Look for it next year.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Yes The Gift-Giver (GC16WRP) by Quilting mom and MIke (1.5/2) is a great cache for kids. However LA Mike doesn't quilt.
    Dyslexic - did I ever tell you - I have a problem LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Every Christmas time for the last several years I have done a very kid friendly cache in the Lewiston/Auburn area. Christmas Stash. It's a foot locker sized container and full of kid friendly stuff. Maybe even something for the big kids.

Look for it next year.
    As I believe I stated, one of my Grandchild's favorite toys which she chose at a young tender age came from this cache. I don't think her Mom will ever part with that Fisher Price Puppy dog which talks - constantly!

Thank you Gob-ler for this very special seasonal cache!

Those are fun. I actually have a micro that kids would like, A.B.C. in Auburn. The gas-saver in Minot at the Pitts mine has 3 good sized caches for the kiddos and a fun micro for the big kiddos, and rock-hunting fun to boot. But wear your head net this time of year, and pull your socks up over your pants too!
    ~*There's Tupperware in thum thar hills!*~

Kacky - ah, yes, ABC - that is definitely a kid fun cache............haven't done the Pitts Mine but thanks for the hint on the net......and probably needed in many areas this time of year here in our state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Yes The Gift-Giver (GC16WRP) by Quilting mom and MIke (1.5/2) is a great cache for kids. However LA Mike doesn't quilt.
    We enjoyed the Gift Giver cache. Check out the gallery picture for this one. Moxie really got into this cache

Is ABC subscriber only? I don't remember doing it.

All the caches mentioned here are nice caches. Some we have done and some are on our list to do. When we go on a run we try to have a mix of caches to do for the whole family. By doing this we end up with maybe two or three on our list on a route that are big enough for trading. Its fun for me but the kids lose interest quickly after those few caches are done. It usually looks like this: micro, micro, small, micro, micro, regular, small, micro, micro, micro, micro, small, micro. Like I said I enjoy all caches I just wish there were more large ones for the kids. Areas are saturated with micros and small caches it makes it hard to do a route to keep the kids happy without going a hundred miles round trip.

Default Big Kids

I'm one of the big kids. I like BIG caches too and I love to look through everything. I especially like signature items or something that fits the "locale" like finding a moose "something" in a cache at a moose bog. Most of mine are at least big enough to trade. Are you coming to Eustis for the September event? I think the kids would be happy here, woods and swag.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows