vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Date ranges for PQ's?

Default Date ranges for PQ's?

I am going to need to redo my PQ's and was suggested to do it based on posted dates and was wondering if anyone knows the date ranges to set up the PQ's with? Also if anyone has them for NH that would be helpful too. Thanks I am hoping to fix some gaps that I have been finding in my PQ's

Rob,

I run my queries only for active caches I have not found, so the date ranges should in my opinion be personal to each cacher. The PQ feature now displays how many caches are selected when you submit it. No need to preview the results. Do not set it up to generate the query, submit the details, see how many and adjust accordingly.

Stop at about 475 or so. That way at caches are reactivated there will be room. After you know the date range rename the query and save it and carry on. Run them once to build you DB and then as needed. I need about 7-8 queries for ME, 10 for NH and 12 for Mass.

I regularly add all new caches by running the latest query and then when I am planning a big caching day, I run updates on all queries in the few days before I am going out. Once I have run all queries for a state, I run the archive options macro to catch inactive caches that are not updating. That way I don't waste time looking for inactive caches which remain in my GSAK DB unless I run the macro.

This occurs because the pocket query updates the caches in the DB, but the inactive ones remain unchanged. The archive options macro will find caches that are not updated so you can get them out.

It takes time to get them set up, but it can save lots of time later.

This will eliminate those gaps and your data will be more complete.

Do you have the link for the archive options macro?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Here are mine. I use the "not in my ignore list" so I get all the caches out there so I can take a new cacher out, any time, anywhere and find anything out there.

#1) Jan 1 2000 to July 15 2005 498 Caches

#2) July 16 2005 to July 22 2006 496 Caches

#3) July 23 2006 to April 12 2007 494 Caches

#4) April 13 2007 to October 3 2007 486 Caches

#5) October 4 2007 to May 27 2008 492 Caches

#6) May 28 2008 to August 28 2008 493 Caches

#7) August 29 2008 to January 20 2009 496 Caches

#8 ) January 21 2009 to now 474 Caches

Will have to keep and eye on that last one as it is getting close.

The posted dates will vary depending on which caches you have found. Unless you want to do all Maine caches like I do - if you want that, I will give you the dates I am currently using.

My instructions for creating PQs by posted date are here.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

What I don't understand about this whole thing is why can't we do this all in one PQ.

I know they say it is because they only have so much server space or what ever.

Then they only allow 5 PQs sent to you in a day. I just had to run 8 PQ's to come up with these and soon it will be 9. The only difference is I didn't have them sent to my email.

It seems like this could be done easier these days, but I'm obviously not and expert on these things.

I agree with that! I'd much rather get one 5000 cache PQ in one day than have to get 10 in 2 days.

I think the biggest reason they don't allow it is that large files are harder on the server than multiple smaller ones. That is why they only let you get a "My Finds" PQ once a week.

I'd pay more to be able to get larger PQs.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Since you have done a little over 500 finds, if you go through all the trouble to adjust the dates you will only be able to eliminate one PQ. So I would just pick the option "I haven't found" and you will get all the caches in the state you haven't found.

Default Me too

I think we are getting a great value now. Add $20 and that would do the trick.

I'll have to send a letter.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I agree with that! I'd much rather get one 5000 cache PQ in one day than have to get 10 in 2 days.

I think the biggest reason they don't allow it is that large files are harder on the server than multiple smaller ones. That is why they only let you get a "My Finds" PQ once a week.

I'd pay more to be able to get larger PQs.

Look at this this way Ekidokia,the more caches in Maine that you do the less PQ's you will need to get them all.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.