vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual CITO

Smile Annual CITO

Dates for the annual national CITO has been posted by Eartha, I noticed: May 2 & 3, 2009.

I also didn't know that there is an official CITO event calendar!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

The official cito event has been around Earthday in the past. Now, maybe the snow will be gone by then!!!

http://www.maine.gov/rfac/rfac_snow_...shtml?id=51236
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    The official cito event has been around Earthday in the past. Now, maybe the snow will be gone by then!!!

http://www.maine.gov/rfac/rfac_snow_...shtml?id=51236
    For the love of all that is caching, I hope the snow is gone by then!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Sorry you guys always have to answer all my newbie questions...but here goes. On CITO day, does the group chose certain areas and make it into an event or do people go out on their own or both?

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    Sorry you guys always have to answer all my newbie questions...but here goes. On CITO day, does the group chose certain areas and make it into an event or do people go out on their own or both?
    Mainiac1957 usually sponsors an annual spring CITO event, taking part in the annual Brewer/Bangor River Cleanup Day.

Other than that, I know GCM.org members have hosted CITO events, but not sure if they have been in conjunction with CITO Day.

Thumbs up This spring will be the fifth for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Mainiac1957 usually sponsors an annual spring CITO event, taking part in the annual Brewer/Bangor River Cleanup Day.

Other than that, I know GCM.org members have hosted CITO events, but not sure if they have been in conjunction with CITO Day.
    I would like to do it here on earth day like other parts of the country but..... In April there is generally too much snow. I have done mine in May every year and it has worked out. The date is subject to change but it should be the 16th I believe.
    Happy Trails!

Question CITO at DeLormes

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post

Wasn't there a big event at the Eartha in Yarmouth? I wasn't there, and I don't remember whether it had to do with CITO day or not; I think it did...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Wasn't there a big event at the Eartha in Yarmouth? I wasn't there, and I don't remember whether it had to do with CITO day or not; I think it did...
    Yes, their event was 4/19. Fortunately the weather was beautiful but that is not always the case in Maine mid-April as some of us know. I do not know how that coincided with Earth Day last year.

DeLorme was the corporate sponsor last year with Geocaching.com. They did not do the sponsorship of tee-shirts like Jeep did the year before. It was their first event, too. I bet they will probably do another one this year.

Anyone can sponsor a CITO event - just read the guidelines - plan an event - publish it - and help the earth.

I would not mind helping out with one if we can make it.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    I would not mind helping out with one if we can make it.
    They will be posted as Events so watch for them - either on GC.com or the Front page here. The more the merrier.