vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Mattress

Default RE: Mattress

Well Heidi and I appear to be on the homestretch of finally reclaiming our master bedroom. It's been a long, strange trip (some folks might remember seeing the pics I posted last Fall of the entire front of our house being wide open to the elements with the exception of some 2 x 6s and plastic wrap).

In any case, we've got a little more touch-up painting and some trim work to do around the windows, the carpeting should be laid next week and then we're moving back and at this point we're thinking about getting a new mattress since Heidi has a bad back . . . anyone have any suggestions . . . anyone use any of those memory foam mattresses . . . Tempurpedic mattresses, etc? Looking for input.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Jake - send an email to David - he and Allyson actually bought one and then got another. You know Dave - he is the techno - do the research guy before buying and I know they just got a new mattress not to long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Jake - send an email to David - he and Allyson actually bought one and then got another. You know Dave - he is the techno - do the research guy before buying and I know they just got a new mattress not to long ago.
    Uh, what's his e-mail . . . and doesn't he check in here from time to time. I'd love to hear his opinions.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I've done my homework on the Tempur-Pedic ones, and I highly (HIGHLY!) suggest that you try one before buying one. I can lead you in the right direction as we have put a few in at area hotels. And if you do get one, remember to never jump on the bed, it's very unforgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Uh, what's his e-mail . . . and doesn't he check in here from time to time. I'd love to hear his opinions.
    Maybe he's your opposite, goes to events, doesn't do the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    And if you do get one, remember to never jump on the bed, it's very unforgiving.
    Sheesh! If you can't jump on the bed, how are you going to find out if the glass of wine spills or not???

we don't have the whole mattress but bought a 3 inch thick piece that goes over your regular mattress. We also bought the pillows. We no longer use them. Holds the heat and you sweat a lot. Maybe if your house isn't kept at 78 degrees year round like we do, it wouldn't be so bad but I doubt it. It made a nice mattress to put the sleeping bags on at Hollora's apres bashe though. Go with a pillowtop mattress. That's what we ended up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Well Heidi and I appear to be on the homestretch of finally reclaiming our master bedroom. It's been a long, strange trip (some folks might remember seeing the pics I posted last Fall of the entire front of our house being wide open to the elements with the exception of some 2 x 6s and plastic wrap).

In any case, we've got a little more touch-up painting and some trim work to do around the windows, the carpeting should be laid next week and then we're moving back and at this point we're thinking about getting a new mattress since Heidi has a bad back . . . anyone have any suggestions . . . anyone use any of those memory foam mattresses . . . Tempurpedic mattresses, etc? Looking for input.
    I'm no mattress connoisseur... i prefer the ground...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I'm no mattress connoisseur... i prefer the ground...
    I thought Steph usually made you sleep on the couch...

I should have some good insight on this question because I worked in an R&D lab that made the machines that make mattresses! But, I personally think most of what makes a good mattress is marketing!! However, if you honestly feel that you like the bed you bought, you will likely sleep well. Check out Select Comfort (sleep number) Tempurpedic, Sealy, Serta, Simmons. You should also look at discount brands like Bob-o-pedic and Spring Air. Just don't be supprized if you get what you pay for in the end.

I personally like pocket spring mattresses and pillow tops. I don't think I'd get a no flip again, but the one I have is quite comfortable. If you really want to see everything that one can put into a matress, look at: http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping...sses-beds.html

Make sure you try as many as you can before buying one.