vb:literal>

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: The CENTUM Challenge, GC1KCQW

Oh crap! I have been out there 100's of times on my motorcycle.

Where can you find this information out?

Probably from the local law enforcement as he hands you the ticket....lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Probably from the local law enforcement as he hands you the ticket....lol
    haha, that's the easy way.... but there are signs posted about it. I'll look around on some of the ATV club sites and see if I can't dig something up, but because most of the road belongs to private logging companies, they probably just don't want the hassle of having to slow down to dig someone out of their radiator, that usually causes overheating problems...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

There is a sign as you enter the Stud Mill Road - I knew I was legal so I didn't bother to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Terry, what will you do different this time as opposed to your last challenge attempt? Last one was impressive enough however.
    I will map out and put a route into my GPS with just the 125 caches, get up early, and go like hell. LOL On the studs road I will just plead ignorance. LOL

I drove the SMR yesterday and never saw a police vehicle! Saw six logging trucks, 5 pick ups and 7 cars.

6,501,203 mosquitoes and 2 moose flies.

Three turtles, three live rabbits and one dead one.

7 ravens, 27 bluejays, 1 beaver and 3 hawks.

It was a good day to be on the SMR.

We did them all but one!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Well if I start today, I may be able to get all the coordinates for these hand entered into the Delorme by first snow. Perhaps I will have my wife enter half of the coordinates into our more reliable Etrex and then we will be done by August.

Just curious but why are you hand entering all those coordinates anyway?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default NH Centum

Shuman road searchers ( Jim ), bsstacy (Brian) sister Paula, AKA mmface, lena484 (Leone) Di and myself did 100 even yesterday June 20th in the Manchester/Nashua area. Very hard day of caching even with 5 veteran cachers. Brian handled all the logistical and techno side of the equation. Very well mapped route, everybody was giving a detailed log book and at 5 in the morning off we went, first cache at 5:35, last at 9:05 PM! In spite of my best efforts to test the limits of New Hamster's u-turn laws we only had contact with one police officer, pictures of the encounter that will no doubt be published by my commrades who thought the whole deal was funny!

So after a quick 90 in Costigan this past Tuesday cleaning up the ones I hadn't done last Saturday, it was a tough 100 in NH. We saw an abundance of caches with either soaked or full logs and had 11 DNF's on 1.5/1.5 park and grab caches. I respectfully suggest that Maine Cachers are more diligent about their caches. I didn't bring spare logs as this was a numbers day but I would have replaced half of the logs if I'd had them.

Both Nuvi's "acted up" in downtown Manchester, running us around in circles due to a major downtown road now closed and a couple of our planned caches right on the river and the Nuvi "thought" there were a lot more bridges over the Merrimack then there really is!

So time to start a bit of logging. Glad to finally log a Centum!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Both Nuvi's "acted up" in downtown Manchester, running us around in circles due to a major downtown road now closed and a couple of our planned caches right on the river and the Nuvi "thought" there were a lot more bridges over the Merrimack then there really is!
    It's note the Nuvi - it's the maps.

One of our complaints about Garmin's maps is that they'll lead you to the closest point to a cache, even if it is on the other side of the river. LOL!