vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apres 2007 Last Cache Bashe of the Summer Event - GC148YD

Thumbs up Apres 2007 Last Cache Bashe of the Summer Event - GC148YD

How exciting to have 2 back to back events in the Bangor area!

Brad and I had several discussions about the kayak event when it didn't get posted and things fell apart for Barry. Nothing we seemed to think of worked out. At GW5, we Maine folk had also discussed there are not a lot of events North of Augusta. Sitting on my deck, Brad and I both said - humm, a nice place to camp, why not have one here.

Having a hubby who is not a camper, a very private person, as well as a new dog presented some hurdles. With the rental of a port-a-pottie and some assurances he said, "honey, you want to do it - go for it". So, today I posted the event and it was published.

I want everyone to know they are welcome. We have a spacious back yard and want you to come, spend the night and have a wonderful time. As folks post attendance intentions, I will email them all. Friday night is open too (just not as an event) if you would like to land in the area early, claim your space and put up your tent, go for it. Just PM me to let me know and please no arrivals later than 10PM.

I do not have an outdoor frig like Rick but we can get ice at the store. Plan accordingly for your food. I do have an outdoor grill.

Will put up some shelter (ez-e-ups) and folks are welcome to use my hot tub. Anyone with a dog, just keep them on a leash or under voice command as there are horses in the field above and our new dog is a tad shy and will be put in her run for pottie time.

Questions, concerns - please ask. No question is to odd. One cache close to us is at a Penobscot River Boat launch so anyone wanting to try their hand at boating on the river, we are close. There are new caches being published in Orrington, too.

If there is anyone who would like to come and absolutely does not have a tent, I have a small one and a larger one which I am willing to put up if you PM me. So no excuse!

Come for a short time, too. Don't forget the geocache container swap. I am planning on having some 35mm film cannisters and other stuff. Everyone bring something - containers (camoed or not), swag, writting implements and what have you to swap/trade.

Hope to see you on 9/8 either in Hampden or here in Orrington!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Questions, concerns - please ask. No question is to odd.
    Great, here comes Hiram to prove you wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I plead the 5th!!! or somethin...

can we have a slip and slide???? (seriously...)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Go ahead - lay it on me! LOL

No -We will not have any helium (unless someone brings it!). Yes, if my son comes (these were my husband terms - I didn't know he knew Hiram), we can have a fire as long as we can get a permit or have food to cook. No, there will not be a night light in the port-a-pottie but Yes, there will be a streetlight over it! Next............

Oh, and Steph better activate that new coin and bring it for discovery!

what about the... umm... big people beverages????

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I plead the 5th!!! or somethin...

can we have a slip and slide???? (seriously...)
    Not sure - I don't have much of a hill like Rick - let me check with my son.

But you will have the hot tub! Not quite as much fun but it is relaxing.

We might substitute caches for the slip and slide. One could have access from the camping rather than the road.

Anything else Master?

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Not sure - I don't have much of a hill like Rick - let me check with my son.

But you will have the hot tub! Not quite as much fun but it is relaxing.

We might substitute caches for the slip and slide. One could have access from the camping rather than the road.

Anything else Master?

hmmmm..... large tub of hot water + 500 boxes of J E L L O....

will the event be a pot luck bring a dish kinda thing or will it be an everyone for themselves kinda thing???

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    hmmmm..... large tub of hot water + 500 boxes of J E L L O....

will the event be a pot luck bring a dish kinda thing or will it be an everyone for themselves kinda thing???
    PLEASE - no Jello in the hot tub but if that trips your trigger I can get a kiddie pool maybe!

As for food - on Saturday night I thought pot luck would work. I have a propane grill - also if someone wants to bring dogs and rolls, I have a commercial steamer. How about posting what you want to bring.

Sunday morning is my treat - "Cook's choice" unless folks have huge dietary restrictions or desires - if so - bring your own. I promise - you will not go away hungry!

Also if folks want pizza there are a couple of local convenience stores that make good ones. We could call ahead and go pick up - I have menus. There is a cache near one of them and a cache on the way! LOL

Is this replacing Brads event? The reason I am asking is because it is the same date.
    Blazing Troll