vb:literal>

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: First Annual Get Useless In Eustis Event

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    .... My husband likes Guiness Stout....
    Man after my heart!

It will be nice for the family part to be at the community building and the optional adult beverage at the campground. I am pretty sure by 10P everyone will either be through the green door or have given up. LOL I probably won't remember the rules ...........

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Quiet time at the campground starts at 10:00 PM so please pass out by that time....
    Ya don't hafta tell me twice!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ya don't hafta tell me twice!
    I know because the third time we will hit you up side the head.
    Blazing Troll

Default Cathedral Pines Campground Website???

I'm not having much luck finding a website for Cathedral Pines Campground. I tried getting to the link via www.eustismaine.com as was posted on the cache page but "can't get there from here" LoL
    I've even tried googling it with no luck

How did everyone make their reservations? Did you make them blindly or did you have a site map to look at? I understand a group site has been reserved for Saturday night but I'd like to look at it and also see the campground too.

If anyone has a working link can you post it?
    Thanx
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    I'm not having much luck finding a website for Cathedral Pines Campground. I tried getting to the link via www.eustismaine.com as was posted on the cache page but "can't get there from here" LoL
    I've even tried googling it with no luck

How did everyone make their reservations? Did you make them blindly or did you have a site map to look at? I understand a group site has been reserved for Saturday night but I'd like to look at it and also see the campground too.

If anyone has a working link can you post it?
    Thanx
    Nikki - I did originally use their web site and finally talked to them a couple of times on the phone. I can no longer find a working link either.

Jean was also very helpful. Maybe she can post a pdf file of the map of the campground.

Looking forward to a fund weekend!
    Last edited by hollora; 07-20-2008 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Spelling - sorry folks.

Woot! Seven - count them, seven new 4X4 caches off Route 16 out of Stratton by Katadin Goddess and OneStep. Now, this is a ride which looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks KG for your commitment to put our caches which are, well, out of the way and out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Nikki - ........ I can no longer find a working link either.

Jean was also very helpful. Maybe she can post a pdf file of the map of the campground.
    Yes apparently their website is down. I called the campground this afternoon and requested a campground map.
    If you reserve a site on your own it is $22/night for water and electric.
    W/O it is $20/night.
    I went on the Mainecampgrounds website and they give a little description of the campground itself. Apparently it has WI-FI too for those who can't leave home w/o their technical gadgets
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Default KG's New Caches

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Woot! Seven - count them, seven new 4X4 caches off Route 16 out of Stratton by Katadin Goddess and OneStep. Now, this is a ride which looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks KG for your commitment to put our caches which are, well, out of the way and out of the ordinary.

I'm already thinking of adding those to the Master's degree from the University of Eustis!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

That sounds like fun - I am learning to use my 4x4 and Mainiac had to help me tonight on some loose gravel - but he will tell you.....I pretty well have the mud, puddles and rocks mastered LOL If the Jeep can do it - I think the 4 Runner can.....and Oh, Jean - if not before, I do take riders and the Runner has OMG handles in all positions!

went to Rangely last saturday when onestep told me he wanted to see if the jeep would make it up to the top of the sw peak of east kennebago, one of the peaks he has bushwacked, acutally he walked most the way from a logging road and got his car stuck in last spring. so, it was fun putting caches along points where it would be obvious to turn to make it towards the top. only reason caches are placed at certain spots. they are all park and grabs, if you can drive to them that is.

as for alcohol. im not into alcohol or drugs. i work with addicts, drunks and all sorts. i've worked at the prison, with impaired drivers, county jail, probation, courts, homeless, you name it, all walks of life etc. if someone has a few drinks, that doesnt bother me at all. when people get buzzed, or drunk and obnoxious, i dont find it fun to be around that behavior. there is a difference between being silly glo and "buzzed". its my personal choice and i choose to not be around the latter. i've seen it 40 plus hours a week for the last 20 years, thats enough.

if people decide to do something in common that they find fun be it "partying to get buzzed" that is their business and their right. i dont have to be a part of it and if i do choose, i can stay for a bit and split after an hour or so.

its a moto i heard somewhere of live and let live.