vb:literal>

Thread: Bowdoin College trails

Default Bowdoin College trails

I just received this email from Mark Murray. I don't know how to contact Penny, but someone here may. Looks like another trail system is soliciting caches! Positive press or good word of mouth strikes again!
    I answered back to Mark asking if he is the POC for placement permission, I'll post back if I hear from him.

Hi,
    I recently spoke with Penny Watson about the possibility of your group putting a cache on our trail system. During a recent office move I seem to have misplaced her contact information. If you or anyone else in your organization knows how to reach her, please pass along my contact information and ask her to call in again.

Thanks,
    Mark Murray / CSC Caretaker-Bowdoin College / 833-8018

Default Iampaw/aka Penny

We had a Penny sighting today at Maine Sport in Camden. She was outfitting her kayak for night paddling.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

And Penny was headed down to join kayakingloon in Eastbrook for a week of caching in the Downeast - Eastern Maine area to include Campabello I believe. I think they will have wifi - but not sure. They are spending the week in a rental on Molasses Pond in Eastbrook.

Default Wifi Downeast?

Doubt they have Wifi. They're still using the ol' Maingas-Binford 5000 computers up (down) there, the ones that run on propane. They run good unless the wind blows out the pilot light, then they're junk!

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    And Penny was headed down to join kayakingloon in Eastbrook for a week of caching in the Downeast - Eastern Maine area to include Campabello I believe. I think they will have wifi - but not sure. They are spending the week in a rental on Molasses Pond in Eastbrook.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Hee, hee - I have seen photos of the rental...........it is not your usual stick built bonfire type of cabin LOL............but hey, ya, never know. I can tell you this - they are not ruffin' it!

OK, I think I jumped the gun. Apparently Penny was requesting permission.
    I got this from Mark.

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for your note. At Penny's request I have asked the College whether it would permit the placement of caches on the trail system here; at present I do not have an answer and wanted to let Penny know that her request has not been ignored. Until I hear back with a definitive answer, it would be helpful, if you have already posted the e-mail below, to post this one as well so that caches are not placed until the College administration agrees to it. Thanks, Mark Murray/Caretaker@CSC

So, permission HASN'T been granted yet. I'll post again if I hear otherwise. Sorry for the confusion.