vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archived but available?

Default Archived but available?

There seem to be a large number of archived caches that may still be available. This is a partial list I have come up with. It seems bad to leave this junk sitting out in the woods since they will not be on most people's cache lists. They really should be removed. If anyone has any definite information about any of them, it should be posted on the cache page, and here too would be nice. There are many more, but I think gc.com shut me down temporarily, guess I was downloading faster than what's allowed.

After the Fall (GC5325) by N1ULY & Cricket's_Song (1.5/1.5)
    Hallowell Hideaway (New Improved) (GC26DE) by Sweetguy (2/1.5)
    Blue Hill Mountain Cache (GC6138) by Jeff~N~Betsy (2.5/3.5)
    The Cosmo Cache (GCG5M8) by Dean and Valeri (1.5/1.5)
    Pine Tree State HAPPY (GCG06A) by CCCooperAgency & choude (1.5/2)
    Field of Dreams Cache (GCGM6J) by Cache Buccaneers (1.5/1.5)
    Rattle Snake Mountain (GCGWD1) by sockmnky (2.5/4.5)
    Hidden Falls (GCJGC1) by Lost Hiker Man (2/2.5)
    Trek in the woods. (GCXQVN) by Big Bull Moose (4/3.5)
    Last edited by brdad; 04-30-2007 at 06:54 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I do know about the Dyer Hutchison Farm cache as I thought that TRF and myself were the last ones to find it but it seems it never was removed as the owner contended as it was again found even after TRF and myself were there. It is kind of ironic too as the cache owner who hid the cache in very close proximity to a nice stone wall was very disappointed at cachers who had dismantled parts of the wall to find the cache. And here the owner had done something just as bad and left the cache there as geolitter. I even emailed the owner and assured them that not all cachers were that disrespectful of the land as some cachers had shown and even went as far as to apologize on their behalf for their behavior. Guess we should have removed the cache then had we had known it would still be there.

I also thought the Field of Dreams cache had been removed long ago. It seems that maybe Attroll removed the ammo can from reading
    the description in his log but maybe not. The Cache Buccaneers were really gung ho at first but then they kind of left the face of the earth. Cameooooo even thought she would like to adopt their caches but they refused to let them go and they still haven't been to the site in quite some time.

The Hallowell Hideaway cache from the looks of the log was removed by Solid Rock Seekers but I think it was adopted by Mad Muffin and never really transferred to his name. So that's another one that I think was removed.

Hidden falls cache I believe was removed as the land at the falls was sold to a private owner.I can remember a for sale sign at the entrance when I was there. Maybe an email to Lost Hiker Man will be enough to get him to archive it correctly and make sure the cache was removed.

The After the Fall cache, I know the owner has moved to Thailand so not sure about that one. He did have a few of his caches adopted before he left and I assumed this was one of them but it looks not to be the case. It is off the AT too so maybe it won't be able to be adopted either.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Pine Tree HAPPY is not there. In fact, I archived my cache there because the maintenance crew is very good at removing caches and I was unable to find anyone who could give permission.

The area is free for anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I do know about the Dyer Hutchison Farm cache as I thought that TRF and myself were the last ones to find it but it seems it never was removed as the owner contended as it was again found even after TRF and myself were there. It is kind of ironic too as the cache owner who hid the cache in very close proximity to a nice stone wall was very disappointed at cachers who had dismantled parts of the wall to find the cache. And here the owner had done something just as bad and left the cache there as geolitter. I even emailed the owner and assured them that not all cachers were that disrespectful of the land as some cachers had shown and even went as far as to apologize on their behalf for their behavior. Guess we should have removed the cache then had we had known it would still be there.

I also thought the Field of Dreams cache had been removed long ago. It seems that maybe Attroll removed the ammo can from reading
    the description in his log but maybe not. The Cache Buccaneers were really gung ho at first but then they kind of left the face of the earth. Cameooooo even thought she would like to adopt their caches but they refused to let them go and they still haven't been to the site in quite some time.
    In looking through the logs I believe you're right about the Field of Dreams . . . it looks like Rick pulled the ammo can and attempted to contact the owners and/or GPSfun.

In reading other logs it also appears as though someone picked up the Hallowell Hideaway cache . . . or what was left of it . . . after they stumbled on to it while searching for the new cache around the same location.

Also, the Rattle Snake cache seems to have been replaced . . . but it looks like the owner never went through the process of unarchiving the cache.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I haven't been over to Crescent Beach for some time but was thinking of placing a cache there soon. I'll look next time I need to take the dog for a big walk and remove it if I can find it.

Lost Hiker Man claims Hidden Falls has been picked up. Land owner was afraid of someone falling into the brook. A quick email to him brought a rapid response.

Can go and check that Cosmo was actually removed - as soon as I get a chance.

I just got an email about After the Fall - there is a good chance it's still there. Anyone up to go hunt it up, and then we can make a decision what to do if it's still there. It's in Solon and the closest cache is .7 miles, so it's possible it could be re-approved.

An extra hint, because we really want to know if it's there(in rot13 in case you want to look without hint first).
    Vg vf uvtu ba gur onax qhr gb fcevat sybbqvat naq jnf aqre n zrgny pbirevat...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Bruce is real close to it so I'm sure he could check it out once the snow is gone.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Also, the Rattle Snake cache seems to have been replaced . . . but it looks like the owner never went through the process of unarchiving the cache.
    Actually that cache has been removed, I had seen it was archived and decided it was to nice of a view not to have a cache there so I hid Rydn The Bri-Mar Trail in the same area,when I went back to check on it I found that sockmnky's cache was still there, and that some people had found it and logged it as mine. I moved mine to a different location and submitted a log on GC.com with new Coords and explaining what had happened,when I went back Sockmnky's was gone. Rydn the Bri-Mar Trail is still there though and the view is still gorgeous
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character