vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Which would you choose for the newsletter?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • As Is

9 75.00%
  • Sound the Stories: emphasis on features

2 16.67%
  • Elevate the Events: increase number of events listed

0 0%
  • Mark the Media: emphsis on media coverage

0 0%
  • Heavy on Hot Topics: increase number of hot topics listed

1 8.33%
  • Other: please indicate by posting a reply or sending PM

0 0%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter Contents

Question Bios........

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Now, that said, I am a Phys. Ed. teacher
    And I have worked for Home Depot for 11 years.

We are all not Doctors, Lawyers, Policemen, and FBI agents. While I might find what KK does interesting, (espicially the M&M story) many may not. No Home Depot guy ever captured the attention of a crowd.

Bios are not always interesting.
    Last edited by Team2hunt; 08-28-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: make my point clearer
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    if I go out and log 100 caches tomorrow and somebody posts this as a milestone (and I won't post stuff I do), would you offer a "well done Dan?"
    No. I don't consider this a milestone. Let those that do offer the "well done, Dan". It's like someone winning the pie eating contest. Most people don't care what people do to extremes. For those that do, that's great for them.

Now if you found 100 caches in a day and none of them were lamp post/guard rail micros, that would be a milestone worth discussing. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    And if a new cacher receives a milestone post for a FTF cache,wouldn't a quick congrats be appreciated by the new cacher?
    Perhaps, but for those of us who have been caching for a while, a FTF is no longer an accomplishment. Since there are dozens of new cachces popping up every day, getting a FTF is very easy to do.

You make a good point, Dan, but not everyone would agree with you. I suppose it's a difference in perception between people new to geocaching and "old timers" for who geocaching milestones don't have the same significance as they did a few years ago.

Cool you'd be surprised what's interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    And I have worked for Home Depot for 11 years.

We are all not Doctors, Lawyers, Policemen, and FBI agents. While I might find what KK does interesting, (espicially the M&M story) many may not. No Home Depot guy ever captured the attention of a crowd.

Bios are not always interesting.
    If you like something in your life or think something in your life is interesting, guarenteed there's at least one other person who thinks so too. Your profession may not interest a lot of people, but I hope it interests you, and so it's nice to share, but more importantly there are other aspects to a bio than what you do for work. In your case, you have a great story about weight loss, bonding with your son over geocaching, meeting Nikki, etc etc which are interesting stories that can touch others!

And Karen is also a kayaking guide and in my opinion an avid biker, these traits are not only interesting to many they may be helpful if someone has questions. So see, there are other interesting things about you other than jobs.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Stef works for the environment and is pictured eating a baby loon. Hows that for a bio?
    That's FUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Stef works for the environment and is pictured eating a baby loon. Hows that for a bio?

She's not eating the loon, she's just tasting it !!!!

What does loon taste like ???

Chicken?

A house is not a home without a cat.

Talking Not chicken Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    What does loon taste like ???

Chicken?
    I've been told more like spotted owl.
    Happy Trails!

What life do you save when an endangered animal is eating an endangered plant?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

If the animal is endangered ,
    the plant is probabally already gone,
    so......

I'd save Steph by giving Hiram a beer