vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what happens when...

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bgrffdave View Post
    Geez... I'm sorry I missed that trip! Did you try to avoid those really big & obvious ruts or did you guys just dive right in?

A little birdie said someone had a little winch trouble, eh? Hopefully it isn't something really expensive!! Hiram's got to get on the ball and get one mounted up! We've got more riding to do and I can't be the only one with a working recovery device... LOL!

I bought a new winch yesterday. Its a Venom. Not the state of the art but we will try it and see what happens. I could have fixed the one I had but thats the second time I have had trouble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    I bought a new winch yesterday. Its a Venom. Not the state of the art but we will try it and see what happens. I could have fixed the one I had but thats the second time I have had trouble with it.
    That's why I carry a Come-Along and web strapping when I'm expecting some possible deep mud . . . seen way too many ATV winches fail due to the mud and moisture whereas I have yet to see a manual winch fail. Of course it's always better to simply avoid those ATV-eating monster mud holes.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    That's why I carry a Come-Along and web strapping when I'm expecting some possible deep mud . . . seen way too many ATV winches fail due to the mud and moisture whereas I have yet to see a manual winch fail. Of course it's always better to simply avoid those ATV-eating monster mud holes.
    I agree with ya on this one jake, I would much rather not have to rely on a winch, although in some cases they are nice. I picked up a 2ton comealong from NH Bragg today that should do just about any job with no problem. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $600 on something that would only get used when Dave gets stuck....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I agree with ya on this one jake, I would much rather not have to rely on a winch, although in some cases they are nice. I picked up a 2ton comealong from NH Bragg today that should do just about any job with no problem. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $600 on something that would only get used when Dave gets stuck....
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."