vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

Smile Happy, happy, joy, joy!!

So, has anyone done any interesting caches lately? I enjoyed the event Sunday. Glad to see so many old friends, as well as some new ones. Did 7 caches that day. Just a little lighthearted thread without tempers and drama. Sorry in advance to any and all that this does or doesn't apply to. Not trying to be a wise guy, just trying to remember back when this site started 6 years ago when things were quieter.
    Happy Trails!

We did Marvin's Marsh before the event on Sunday. It was a nice little trek down to the marsh. Lots of rabbit tracks. I'm sure we would have seen some critters if we hadn't been so loud with the snowshoes in the crunchy snow.

Default caches

I did Mapachi's Martin Van Buren cache this past weekend and I think the 2 minutes that it took to find and sign was the coldest that I have ever been! 5 degrees with a 30 mph wind! But I was caching!!!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

We were very sorry to miss KK's event and missed visiting with all the "cool kids" (cachers). From reading the event page and the forums it looks like folks had a good time. We've had several weeks of family drama and a funfilled event would have been just the ticket. Caching is our stress reliever and we can't wait to get the freedom to get back at it. (in any way shape or form).
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Not trying to be a wise guy, just trying to remember back when this site started 6 years ago when things were quieter.
    Wow, you mean back when you posted your first post here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    This is awesome!!! We really needed this. It was great to meet so many of you at the picnic last weekend. A good time dispite the rain. I live in Brewer and I was born and raised in Maine.I've been caching for a year now, but I havent' hit the hot one hundred like some have in a short period of time (or more). Brdad you know who I mean, right? OK then. Plans are in the works for a September picnic. I will post details here and on geocaching .com in late July. Anyone in the area who feels like pitching in let me know.
    Just the other day I was thinking of when this site started as a Yahoo Group. I had the text of that somewhere but cannot locate it. We have come a long way! A big Hear Ye to Team Trout for the initial push and to Rick for getting us to the next step!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I found Mapachi's Adam's Apple yesterday and dblbogey11's Wagon Wheels Not Turning today. I try to sneak out and pick up a cache at lunchtime when I can. It helps to break up the day. We had a great time at the event on Sunday and will probably be attending more.

Default Strange Ideas

At times I get really dumb ideas that work out. I decided I wanted to do the Maine's Adventure Challenge GC1VWN8 on Sunday before the event that I was hosting. I convinced tat and laroch to go with me and they foolishly took on the challenge. I had a plan, but of course, it had a flaw. The earthcache that I picked out was under snow, so we had to hustle up Mount Battie to get the earthcache there.

We did the following caches:
    Event Cache - Clebrate 2009 "This Ain't No Mega Event." GC21H2B
    Traditional Cache - Pretty as a Picture #5 - GC1G5ZM
    Virtual Cache - Fire Away - GC6B10
    Unknown Cache - Sheepscot Trail Head - GC1B9DZ
    Earthcache - Mount Battie Conglomerate Quartzite - GC22Y9C
    Multi Cache - Steamboat Lane - GC10MR
    Coin - we all picked a different one.

Had a great time Sunday doing a few with Mainiac1957. Enjoyed the event and happy to see old and new friends.

Default Holy crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    At times I get really dumb ideas that work out. I decided I wanted to do the Maine's Adventure Challenge GC1VWN8 on Sunday before the event that I was hosting. I convinced tat and laroch to go with me and they foolishly took on the challenge. I had a plan, but of course, it had a flaw. The earthcache that I picked out was under snow, so we had to hustle up Mount Battie to get the earthcache there.

We did the following caches:
    Event Cache - Clebrate 2009 "This Ain't No Mega Event." GC21H2B
    Traditional Cache - Pretty as a Picture #5 - GC1G5ZM
    Virtual Cache - Fire Away - GC6B10
    Unknown Cache - Sheepscot Trail Head - GC1B9DZ
    Earthcache - Mount Battie Conglomerate Quartzite - GC22Y9C
    Multi Cache - Steamboat Lane - GC10MR
    Coin - we all picked a different one.
    No wonder you were tired. I haven't done any interesting caches or any caches at all recently. Too darn cold. I am planing on a visit to Bath this weekend and from there head out to parts unknown or direction to do some caching.

Any suggestions on caches in the southern part of the state that are must does in the winter? That wont kill me! Let me know.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Exclamation Bath ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I am planing on a visit to Bath this weekend and from there head out to parts unknown or direction to do some caching.
    When you get to Bath this weekend, look closely at any of the cranes that are moving. It just might be me in it!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"