vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geozoo Night Cache on 10-10-10

Default Hunting

Not that night hunting is allowed, but for sure you want to be mindful. There is an enclosed tree stand in the second field about half way down on the right. You shouldnt have to go anywhere near that for the night cache though.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I have this on my watch list as one I have been wanting to do with my boys. Keep us posted on when you are going for this. It would most likely have to be a weekend for us as we are in Central Maine.

Illegal use of lights. From September 1 to December 15, it is unlawful to use artificial lights from 1/2 hour after sunset until 1/2 hour before sunrise to illuminate, jack, locate, attempt to locate or show up wild animals or wild birds except raccoons which may be hunted at night with electric flashlights during the open season,
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

My bad....I am not a hunter so I wasn't aware that spotting would be an issue while you're out with no weapons. With the cache being zoo related, hopefully no one gets in trouble for lighting up the cache container.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I'll spill the beans and tell you that the cache container is part of the zoo and is night related

On these night caches it is always best to hold your flashlight high (above eye level) ..... that way the light reflecting off the fire tacks will bounce back to you instead of up into the sky... Happy Hunting!

Default E-mail to IF&W

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    My bad....I am not a hunter so I wasn't aware that spotting would be an issue while you're out with no weapons. With the cache being zoo related, hopefully no one gets in trouble for lighting up the cache container.
    I've e-mailed the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife for clarification of the law as it would pertain to geocaching. I do know that you can get ticketed for illuminating a field with the headlights of your vehicle even if you don't hunt and don't even own a firearm from September 1 through December 15.

I don't know about anyone else but I won't be doing any night caches until I hear back from IF&W.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Sounds like fun - but we gotta get it before hunting season.
    When I started this game nobody told me that there is a hunting season on cachers.

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    When I started this game nobody told me that there is a hunting season on cachers.
    It's always been open season on me!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    It's always been open season on me!
    But the bag limit is only 1!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    Illegal use of lights. From September 1 to December 15, it is unlawful to use artificial lights from 1/2 hour after sunset until 1/2 hour before sunrise to illuminate, jack, locate, attempt to locate or show up wild animals or wild birds except raccoons which may be hunted at night with electric flashlights during the open season,
    Not sure but I think one would be ok on private land with access by permission to use a light before deer season. I certainly can check with a game warden to be sure. As our purpose is not to "illuminate, jack, locate, attempt to locate or show up WILD ANIMALS OR WILD BIRDS.........etc." The purpose is to locate a Geocache.

And - as for my Night Cache - Night CACHING is ALLOWED! You will be on Private Property by permission with your flashlight walking on my land.