vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Cache Bashe and Apres Last Cache Bashe

Default Last Cache Bashe and Apres Last Cache Bashe

Can not speak for Mainiac1957 on his event this coming weekend, but, a few folks have called me about mine. Will it be canceled? The answer is - No!

This tread should allow us to discuss it and post concerns, questions here.

I will still have the event - but the level or participation you choose may change based on the weather. Some folks don't camp in the rain - others don't mind. (Shades of the first Camping event on Warren Island - last year. It was a ball!)

I have a large deck, 2 EzEUPs and maybe I will have 3 erected down on the lawn.....and folks are more welcome to come and stay. If you don't wish to camp in the rain, come and drop in for a little bit, sign the log, claim your smilie and put your name in for the door prizes. Either Saturday after Mainiac1957's event or come for breakfast on the deck from 7A to 9A.....then head off caching. Everyone can just do what they would do it they were coming to a campground as the intent was to save folks this expense and give us more time to socialize.

If anyone has a large tarp and is good at fashioning shelter - well we can do that too. We have loads of space for creativity aside from cutting down the woods. LOL

If the rain holds off so you dare bring out your laptop - the wifi is open (it is not usually so don't plan on this just anytime when in the area - go to Dunkin' Donuts instead) and we can do a campfire. I have a gas grill - outside outlets........let me know what you need (I have spoken with a few of you about needs.).

If anyone has questions - please email me. Thank you to all who are planning on attending. We will make the most of what we get with Mother Natures hand.

And oh, BTW.........Brad's event is before mine.......and he's the man with the weather man.

Talking Was that this weekend??

As LA said. It's on no matter what. I don't put much faith in the forecast. They have predicted rain at many events and we had none. There are two covered tables at the park for mine and I will have my EZ up there as well. Just in case. Hope to see a good group since this is my fifth year hosting this one. I do have a fair stash of door prizes to entice you all out. Even a couple special ones from the Lily Pad. Hope you can make it!
    Happy Trails!

Woot - Mainiac1957 you know I will be there with bells on - just wanted to start this thread for those who were wondering if we are fair weather folks - not!

I remember last year as Cache Maine1 and I were finishing the DeLorme - and our next to the last day was drizzly and awful. We did what was on the agenda and were headed to the hotel........sort of damp..........and she said, "Hey, we are driving by a few - we're wet anyway - let's go for 'em." And that we did.

And Warren Island last year - prediction was awful - yes we had a little rain - but nothing seasoned folks couldn't endure.

Hope to see a good number of your there. I, too, will have door prizes.......everyone who comes is gets a ticket and the drawing will be when the breakfast is over (9AM - Sunday).

Well we are planing to come. Steve Azar is in own imagine that a star in New Gloucester some of the team wants to says a hear him sing but I told them I would sing all the way to the event.
    Besides I need a door for the barn and would rather win one then build one.

I wonder if Steve Azar wants to a cache run.

hey brad, can you put your ez up over my tent????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Talking Hey sure!!

And then a big tarp over that, and then wrap it all in plastic sheeting, and then a giant dome over that....

They always recomend dressing in layers, right.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    hey brad, can you put your ez up over my tent????
    I have a tent you can borrow . . . only rained on and leaked in once . . . uh . . . that was leaked in from the rain . . . just a clarification there.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    As LA said. It's on no matter what. I don't put much faith in the forecast. They have predicted rain at many events and we had none. There are two covered tables at the park for mine and I will have my EZ up there as well. Just in case. Hope to see a good group since this is my fifth year hosting this one. I do have a fair stash of door prizes to entice you all out. Even a couple special ones from the Lily Pad. Hope you can make it!
    I understand that you have some sort of deal with the Weather Gods . . . something about this Event never being rained on . . . and despite what the local weather guessers say the one weather forecaster who always seems to nail down the forecast (Fleet Weather out of NY) is calling for Saturday (at this time) to be dry until late afternoon or evening . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    And then a big tarp over that, and then wrap it all in plastic sheeting, and then a giant dome over that....

They always recomend dressing in layers, right.
    Maybe we could get a Bio Dome for Hiram. . . .

Yup,
    Like FFJ says... No Rain 'Till Evening!!!!!
    Team Cachin' Crow is there!!!!