vb:literal>

Thread: 15th anniversary

Default 15th anniversary

We are going to Eastport for our 15 anniversary. We are driving up on the 10th of september and staying till sunday. Any suggestions on some really good caches, great views, history...ect. Sunday we will be heading back and we might try to hit stud mill rd for the ride home. I have not been down that road in 20 years.

Happy Anniversary.

Default Blueberry

Congrats on 15. Dont forget to stop and take your picture with the massive Blueberry at the Maine Blueberry museum.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Happy anniversary!

Great view in Clifton, Close to Route 9. You can drive to the top in most any 4WD or half way in a 2WD or walk less than a mile from the bottom. It'd be hard for anyone to argue that this is not the best vantage point of the area.

Cash Cache (GCJRHJ) by parmachenee (2.5/3)
    Memories of Aefuss #4 No "Peak"ing!! (GC1BRC1) by WACO Wranglers (3/3)

I'll also toot my own horn with this puzzle cache not far down the road.
    Sounds Easy To Me (GC1VFWZ) by brdad (3.5/3)

There are a lot of other nice ones on the way!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

In the area of question.

I always enjoyed this spot. I believe they have information things up now that tell the story. The "OLD SOW" of the Sea

This is a must do too. Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole?

Ray's mustard is a cool place too.

I lived near here as a kid and this island was very cool to visit. The next door neighbor was a history professor and he told me all about it every time I saw him. Island View

This was always cool. Cobscook Reversing Falls

Everybody likes this area. Fundy Tides

Too bad all the places we visited as a kid are gone now. The moccasin place, the Indian meeting place, the museum/bingo hall and other things.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Thank you everyone. I have made notes on these caches and I hope to do some of them. Sat we are going out or a few hours to the whale feeding grounds. Plus its Pirate festivale weekend there in Eastport so treasure hunting might be a little bit more challenging.

Default Massive Blueberry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    Congrats on 15. Dont forget to stop and take your picture with the massive Blueberry at the Maine Blueberry museum.
    I know the guy that owns that. Worked for him many years ago, the summer after my senior year in high school. I left the following fall for what I thought would be one hitch in the Marine Corps. Ended up nearly 12 years in the Corps.

Got out to save my marriage. Got divorced anyway. Then, nearly 15 years ago met Pam. The rest is history.

We are back from our trip. 875 miles and never left the state. Some good memories though and thanks for the input.

Cadillac Mountain Cache GC85F4 had a great view then we did a few more on MDI friday

Sat. went to pirate festival in eastport and sailed out into the bay for a little whale watching. on the way got lots of TB's at Island View GC12P5E then we went to Quoddy Quandry GC8A65 almost got locked in the park that closes at dusk. The trail through the woods was like something you would see in a thriller movie.. LOVED IT.

Sunday morning we had a bite to eat at Maine's Breakfast Mob on the road again GC2DR7G It was great to finally meet all the cachers up in the bangor area that I am always talking too and reading about in the forums. Thank you mike.
    From there we got some supplies and headed up chick hill. as we started up the mountain we meet a couple that said there was someone who just left the mt. with a hole in their oil pan. Lucky for us we were in my 4x4 and not a BMW. Dont know what that guy was thinking We made it to the top and found a breathtaking view and Memories of Aefuss #4 No "Peak"ing!! GC1BRC1 and Cash Cache GCJRHJ Thank you brdad for suggesting those two caches, I'm glad we did not miss them.

From there it was stud mill road. Alot of fun, wildlife, and memories from my childhood when we spent every weekend in those woods during summer. My hats off to TAT and Kaching Karen for tackling and conquering such a huge challenge.

Monday we headed home down route 2 thru my childhood town where I grew up in Carmel then on to newport and Skowhegan then to Waterville while grabbing a few P&G Caches on the way until we finally made it back to Scarborough.

875 miles in celebration of 15 years

Sounds like a great trip!

I have seen people over the years race the way to the top of Chick Hill with 2WD cars. It's too bad, tearing up those trails is how many of those places get gated off.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Congrats on your anniversary. Sounds like the trip was a great time.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."