vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boothbay Region Land Trust

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I'm guessing the concern is minimal since they have not logged into the site since they posted.
    No "concern". Just curiosity. I live in the Pine Barrens in South Jersey, and have placed caches in State Forests, Wildlife Management areas, Natural Land Trust Preserves, etc. We all care for our own caches (or each others, at times). The land managers know that we have caches there, and our club (South Jersey Geocacher) has led geocaching classes. Rangers have shown off our caches. Et cetera. But no land management agency has ever adopted any cache. (Although in one case they did take the co-ord to a multi of mine when a stage went missing.)

So I was curious about it.

In South Jersey, our reviewers don't let summer people place "vacation caches", either. I wondered if there was some correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by ltlindian View Post
    I am the one caring for and maintaining the caches on BRLT for them. I pestered them enough and they finally allowed me to place new caches there as long as they adopt them. They shoot me an email when someone makes a note about maintenance in their log and I go and take care of it.

As far as adopting them, I believe that they just want control of caches placed on their property. Does that answer your question?
    That took care of my unasked question, too - who does the maintenance. Thanks!

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bayberry View Post
    Curiosity. Why are you having a problem with me asking?
    Didn't have any problem with the question. Didn't think it could be taken that way. As I stated, I wanted to find out what was going on that instigated the original question and that's why I also asked is there a problem.

I am a person that takes action to rectify problems. Now that you have responded the mystery has been solved.

There is another thread that originally concerned just one cache being picked up by a State Park Manager and it quickly turned out to be a State wide problem. Now a couple of us are working on a State wide policy that is being reviewed and will be implemented in the spring concerning all caches in State Parks.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post

There is another thread that originally concerned just one cache being picked up by a State Park Manager and it quickly turned out to be a State wide problem. Now a couple of us are working on a State wide policy that is being reviewed and will be implemented in the spring concerning all caches in State Parks.
    What is the title of the thread? We're fortunate in having had some good initial contacts with land managers back when geocaching started, and we do a lot of volunteer work, so we haven't had problems.

We have been lucky here too. The problems we ran into mostly were that the Park Managers didn't really know what was going on. The information is being distributed and training provided.

I have done many of the BRLT caches and the areas are real nice. The cacher that is taking care of them is doing a great job.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.