vb:literal>

Thread: Campgrounds

Default Campgrounds

Okay, I'm thinking about going on a geocaching-bicycle adventure. I want to do the Route 2 series by bicycle and camping overnight. I'll be starting in Augusta and was hoping to follow Rt. 219 to West Paris my first day. There are no campgrounds along the way that I know of. Does anyone know of one? Sometimes private ones aren't listed. For safety reasons I want to stay at campgrounds/people at night. During the day.... I'm happy biking on my own. Although I would welcome company off and on. I envision this taking 4 days and 3 nights, so too much "ME" time would probably drive me insane! I've done the 3 most eastern caches of this series, so won't need to bike to Bangor and back to Norridgewock. That part of Route 2 is not bicycle friendly.

My loop would be, Augusta to Bethel (side trip to Gilead to get westernmost cache), follow Rt. 2 west to Norridegwock, and then back to Augusta through Belgrade.

Wow, that sounds awesome. I would like to do this to if I had the time off from work.
    Blazing Troll

If you go via 117 through Buckfield there is a campground on 117 but then you would be biking up and then down Streaked Mountain.

Sounds like a nice biking trip Totally unrelated but I did the rail trail from Gardiner to Augusta and back with my students last week and the trail was fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    If you go via 117 through Buckfield there is a campground on 117 but then you would be biking up and then down Streaked Mountain.

Sounds like a nice biking trip Totally unrelated but I did the rail trail from Gardiner to Augusta and back with my students last week and the trail was fabulous.
    Oh, I love doing that trail at 5:30 in the morning! The kids must have had fun.