vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue in the works

Default Rescue in the works

Hi All:
    There's a cache local to me that's been archived.. Thus far I have been in touch with the Maine Reviewer and thru info he sent me the owner has an email (thru the geocache contact system) pending.
    I work for the landowners where the cache is located and they have given permission to revive the cache as long as the previous owner ok's it.
    So I'm in a holding pattern waiting for responses.. It's a beautiful placement and I'd like to keep it up & available...
    I'll post more as it progresses.
    Due to health issues of the previous owner I am hesitant to offer details just yet.
    Thanx all..JW
    --... ...-- de N1MLF Echolink #21843

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconJW View Post
    Hi All:
    There's a cache local to me that's been archived.. Thus far I have been in touch with the Maine Reviewer and thru info he sent me the owner has an email (thru the geocache contact system) pending.
    I work for the landowners where the cache is located and they have given permission to revive the cache as long as the previous owner ok's it.
    So I'm in a holding pattern waiting for responses.. It's a beautiful placement and I'd like to keep it up & available...
    I'll post more as it progresses.
    Due to health issues of the previous owner I am hesitant to offer details just yet.
    Thanx all..JW
    Create a new cache at the same spot. Waiting for someone who is not even able to verify his email is completely pointless.
    Moo

Talking So, Cano....

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    Create a new cache at the same spot. Waiting for someone who is not even able to verify his email is completely pointless.
    Just what is your point?

If the cache has some history it may be worth saving. I had a hard time on one but evetually adopted it from the owner and I was able to preserve all the funny logs and history of folks who had been there before. I don't know about you but when I go to find a cache I read all the logs either before or after or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins_Up View Post
    If the cache has some history it may be worth saving. I had a hard time on one but evetually adopted it from the owner and I was able to preserve all the funny logs and history of folks who had been there before. I don't know about you but when I go to find a cache I read all the logs either before or after or both.
    Why the cache has been archived? Is is missing? Then create a new cache. Is it still there? Why has it been archived then?
    Moo

Cano, read the post again.

First, it is a beautiful spot that needs a cache.

Second, the land owners have indicated that they will allow a ache here only by the first owner. Probably has some connection to the land or owners.

Third, history to most of us, is a good thing and important, so we go out of our way to preserve it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Sometimes the archive process happens fast and if this is an old cache then I believe it is worth saving. Missing or not. The one that I adopted was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Cano, read the post again.

First, it is a beautiful spot that needs a cache.
    Then place there a cache as I suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Second, the land owners have indicated that they will allow a ache here only by the first owner. Probably has some connection to the land or owners.

Third, history to most of us, is a good thing and important, so we go out of our way to preserve it.
    So what is this thread about then? You can do nothing. Wait for the original owner (possibly indefinitely) to restore the cache or to give you a permission to restore the cache.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconJW View Post
    Thanx all..JW
    Hi JW, can you expand on this part? What does the the previous CO's health have to do with what's going on? Are you saying he may not be available for communication, in which case you won't be able to adopt the cache?
    Are the landowners only amenable to reviving that cache or are they open to a new cache in the same location?
    Or are you just posting that you have permission and plan to put a cache out (either adopting the original one or placing a new one of your own), but don't want to give the location?

Do you like how every sentence in this email was a question?
    And that last one as well? Am I on a roll?

?????????????????????? Yeah you're on a roll....LOL
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.