vb:literal>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Banned by Groundspeak?

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    You've had your chance to ban me from this forum, but apparently you can't/won't for some odd reason. Like I have said before, enforce your guidelines and be rid of me. I really don't care either way.
    I sent a PM a month ago explaining why you were not removed from the site. If you feel you need to rant on about it, there should be another thread, preferably in the board members area.

It is too bad we have veered this way, this thread is a pretty interesting topic IMO.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I sent a PM a month ago explaining why you were not removed from the site. If you feel you need to rant on about it, there should be another thread, preferably in the board members area.

It is too bad we have veered this way, this thread is a pretty interesting topic IMO.
    Just making my point, in public.

Any other questions about my ban or questions about my run ins with GS?

Have you ever had any issues dealing with cachers who put in a needless request to have one of your caches archived?

Yes I do. Its usually from cachers who dont want to post a picture of themselves.

I had one request to have a earthcache shut down because the nearby cache owner said I was to close to his traditional cache and he was afraid that my listing woul dget his cache muggled. He even posted a note on his cache page telling others to boycot earthcaches and any caches owned by Cav Scout. Groundspeak made him remove the that paragraph.

I think the cache owner didnt know that GS owns both earthcaching and geocaching.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Have you ever had any issues dealing with cachers who put in a needless request to have one of your caches archived?

Angry It's just a freakin' game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cav Scout View Post
    Yes I do. Its usually from cachers who dont want to post a picture of themselves.

I had one request to have a earthcache shut down because the nearby cache owner said I was to close to his traditional cache and he was afraid that my listing woul dget his cache muggled. He even posted a note on his cache page telling others to boycot earthcaches and any caches owned by Cav Scout. Groundspeak made him remove the that paragraph.

I think the cache owner didnt know that GS owns both earthcaching and geocaching.
    Really sad that a cache owner has nothing better to do than to cause that kind of hate and discontent.
    Happy Trails!

I helped my girlfriend set up the earthcache this past spring when we went to MOGA. I found the COs cache and thought it would be a good area to have a EC due to all of the geodes on the walls of the cliff near the cache. The EC actually brought more people to the traditional cache. Check out GC26QYB Wall of Crystal Geodes. Theres not many earthcaches in that part of Missouri and all of the ones in Hannibal are owned by myself, my brother, and my girlfriend.

If you never heard of MOGA (Midwest Outdoor Geocaching Adventures), I suggest looking at my profile on geocaching.com and look at my attended events for MOGA. My brother and myself win each year for our age group. MOGA is a lot of fun. I have not been able to log the event due to my ban but that doesnt prevent me from attending this cool event yearly.

MOGA is a orienteering (with a GPS) competition of running through the woods and finding 30 caches in 3 hours. The terrain is rugged, hilly, lakes, thorns, chiggers, and lots of great people to hang out with.

I go each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Really sad that a cache owner has nothing better to do than to cause that kind of hate and discontent.