vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RE: Las Vegas

Sounds like a good trip overall. I think I'd feel the same way about Vegas itself, I'd give a day in neon lights for 30 minutes with nature. But people keep saying I have to see it. So maybe someday...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by darterkitfox View Post
    And the most important thing about Red Rock Canyon is, it is where Captain Kirk was killed in the movie "Generations".
    I looked for phazer blast patterns, disruptor signatures and transporter ion residue but never saw any signs.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Sounds like a good trip overall. I think I'd feel the same way about Vegas itself, I'd give a day in neon lights for 30 minutes with nature. But people keep saying I have to see it. So maybe someday...

I like living in a rural area but I really like to visit the bigger cities. Toronto CAN, Montreal CAN, Las Vegas St. Paul Minneapolis, Sydney AUS, Brisbane AUS and Darwin AUS are definately my favorites so far. There are many, many more to visit but as much as I enjoyed them I would always need to live in a rural setting. I consider Bangor bigger than I would want to live in yet I always enjoy my visits and never regretted a moment while there. Vegas has a charm that is unique and is definately a place to visit. I'm not much of a gambler but there is so much to do and see. One afternoon my wife and I watched a Blackjack player sitting a $5000.00 minimum table....The individual sat there for about half an hour and lost more money than I'll make in 10 years. That is not something I'm going to see in Albion considering most folks in my neighborhood consider it a gamble to buy a cow out of NH for fear it won't pasture OK..
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

We love Maine and believe in expanding our horizons. So our motto is, "It's great to go away...even better to come home". We've found camping a great introduction to locals and friendly people in most locations. As I'm sure many can relate to in geocaching.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I like living in a rural area but I really like to visit the bigger cities.
    RULOST2? and I have lived all over the world - 12 of my 59 years outside the US. We've lived in a city with a population over 2 million, and when we retired, it was to a town with a population of 940.

There's something about rural life...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    RULOST2? and I have lived all over the world - 12 of my 59 years outside the US. We've lived in a city with a population over 2 million, and when we retired, it was to a town with a population of 940.
    Are you counting the dogs and cats?

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Are you counting the dogs and cats?
    Sheesh! Don't get me started on census takers! LOL! They're worse than the religious solicitations! LOL!